Raider Screen Captures

Cylon Ships - a Raider Resource. Model builds and ship info.
Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Raider Screen Captures

Post by Cylon-Knight » Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:37 pm

"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

Starbuck
Raider Gunner

Post by Starbuck » Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:55 pm

Nice screen capture.
The Cylon Raider is the most spectacular looking space craft I have ever seen in any kind of space movie except the Enterprise D.

It is also the most realistic (in my mind) as far as what an actual alien space fighter/interceptor would actually look like.
They bare a striking resemblance to saucer shaped U.F.O's that people have reported seeing for hundreds of years.
They have the look of something that would actually fly in space AND in an atmosphere.
The men who designed this were true geniuses.

SiR-ROUND

Post by SiR-ROUND » Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:21 am

Nice cap!

The image of three of those raiders doing the pre attack roll is forever engraved in my mind...

Beautiful craft indeed!

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:36 pm

So true, even the sound of the Raider was awesome... that evil humm of impending doom!

dbhs
Raider Commander

Re: Raider Screen Captures

Post by dbhs » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:17 pm

Awesome screen cap there. I'm getting ready to paint up my SS raider and extra reference photos are always a big help. I was able to find some of the same type of green stick on tape they used for the cylon symbol on the studio models so really excited about making it as accurate as possible. I'll post a thread on it when I get started.

now - off to find more pics.

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:17 pm

dbhs wrote:Awesome screen cap there. I'm getting ready to paint up my SS raider and extra reference photos are always a big help. I was able to find some of the same type of green stick on tape they used for the cylon symbol on the studio models so really excited about making it as accurate as possible. I'll post a thread on it when I get started.

dbhs I own the classic DVDs... what type of pic are you looking for - any part inparticular?

Hand-Schaub
First Centurion

Post by Hand-Schaub » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:13 pm

cool pic - just made it my new desktop background

dbhs
Raider Commander

Post by dbhs » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:50 pm

Cylon-Knight wrote:
dbhs wrote:Awesome screen cap there. I'm getting ready to paint up my SS raider and extra reference photos are always a big help. I was able to find some of the same type of green stick on tape they used for the cylon symbol on the studio models so really excited about making it as accurate as possible. I'll post a thread on it when I get started.

dbhs I own the classic DVDs... what type of pic are you looking for - any part inparticular?
Actually I have good detail ref pics of a specific studio model I'm going to try to duplicate. the problem is that the colors are distorted and don't look very accurate (kind of pinkish-brown). I'm just trying to find everything I can before I start.

For instance - Over at RI a new ref pic just got posted of TOS shuttle with never seen before detail. Had i painted it a month ago I'd be kicking myself for sure. Take a look: http://www.resinilluminati.com/showthre ... 300&page=7 post 103.

Attached is the studio model I'm using. I think I got these from the cloudster site that is off line these days.
Attachments
real original cylon01.jpg

Starbuck
Raider Gunner

Post by Starbuck » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:16 am

WOW! :wtf: A real studio model of the Cylon Raider!? Now THAT is INCREDIBLE!
Just look at that baby! :smile:
I notice that there are a few pieces missing from the cockpit window (two of the long bars), but the detail on this is breathtaking! THANKS for sharing this.
Someone needs to take that model and make some cool vids using Adobe CS5!!
I have a model of the Raider and I've always dreamed of using mine to do the very same thing, but mine could never look as GREAT as that one! :cylon:

I've been working with an AWESOME and (FREE, believe it or not) program called GIMP.
It rivals everything that PhotoShop can do, WITHOUT the huge pricetag.
'Been usin' it for two months and am getting pretty good.... So..

I thought I'd take the liberty of 'fixing' the Raider pic you posted, DBHS...

Here's my take of the pic, with the missing pieces on the cockpit louver, replaced.
OriginalCylonRaider-1.jpg
And here's my 'finished' version which I think looks alot more realistic (as far as coloring goes).
OriginalCylonRaider-2.jpg
"Hot pilot doesn't need all that electronic felgercarb."

Red Eye
Cylon Empire VIP & BYC.net Gallery Admin

Post by Red Eye » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:15 am

Nice work you've done on restoring the original colors of this vintage photo, Starbuck!

I've also saved some additional photos of the screen-used miniature from cloudster.com, if you'd like to see them as well...
"There can be no survivors. So long as one human remains alive the Alliance is threatened."

dbhs
Raider Commander

Post by dbhs » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:46 am

Thanks for that pic. This is exactly what i'm working on now with trying to figure out the colors to start painting it up. it's hard (for me anyway) to get the colors to come out the way i want.

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:53 am

I wonder if the original Raider had a slight reddish tone as the Centurions had a plumb under suit? Seems having more red in the "real" item lent to a more gray visual once filmed...

Starbuck
Raider Gunner

Post by Starbuck » Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:52 am

It very well could be, that the models were given a red hue for a reason, and once filmed that whatever fx they used turned that into grey. I just posted a vid in the off topic forum yesterday that shows ILM personell using a red version of a space shuttle and incorporating that into their final version of the clip.

-That being said, yes Redeye, if you'd like to post some more Raider pics, I'll see what I can do with them. :) I'm glad you guys liked the photos! :D
"Hot pilot doesn't need all that electronic felgercarb."

Red Eye
Cylon Empire VIP & BYC.net Gallery Admin

Post by Red Eye » Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:35 am

Starbuck wrote:-That being said, yes Redeye, if you'd like to post some more Raider pics, I'll see what I can do with them. :) I'm glad you guys liked the photos! :D
Here you'll find all the Raider photos I've previously saved from cloudster:

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=509&start=15
"There can be no survivors. So long as one human remains alive the Alliance is threatened."

dbhs
Raider Commander

Post by dbhs » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:46 am

Hey C-K !!
How do you do your screen caps? Do you use software or actually capture the image on the screen? That image in the first post is much more clear than anything I've gotten off of my DVDs. And the reason I'm asking is that I've just noticed some details in that raider that I haven't seen anywhere else before. I'm going to go through mine and I might ask if you can do a shot or two of a specific scene if I can't get the clarity that I need. Is that ok? There's no rush. I probably won't get to it for several weeks anyway.

Return to “Cylon Ships - a Raider Resource”