Heroes of Cosplay - on SyFy

Talk about just about anything you like. Your projects you have on your work bench, TV shows you like, or miss, etc.
Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Heroes of Cosplay - on SyFy

Post by Cylon-Knight » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:31 pm

Be sure to check this show out everyone - Heroes of Cosplay is on every Tuesday on SyFy after FaceOff (both show rock).

Anyway, they show people making and in costume contests. Fun show and you get a taste of cons around the nation. They were at the Emerald City Con a few shows back. I read Emerald City is the USA's 4th largest con!? WOW - that is the con Galacticon 4 will partner with in 2015.

And this week I have to brag - the show is in my town for Planet KC Comic Con - and it is a two part show! KC has two contests, individual and group. The world famous YaYa even came out of four year retirement for the group contest that will be on next week.

SO COOL!

....darn, if I didn't space out and totally miss going to the con this year - too focused on getting ready for Galacticon3 - I could have been in some random con footage on the show!
I'd be ... A SUPERSTAR :roll:

"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

Red Eye
Cylon Empire VIP & BYC.net Gallery Admin

Re: Heroes of Cosplay - on SyFy

Post by Red Eye » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:54 am

Sounds interesting.

Let's see if I can find it online somewhere...
"There can be no survivors. So long as one human remains alive the Alliance is threatened."

Luke1978
Patrol Leader

Post by Luke1978 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:02 am

I watch both of them Cylon-Knight, absolutely love Face-off!! Wish Heroes of Cosplay would show more about making the actual costumes but still a good show.

137th Gebirg
Flight Leader

Post by 137th Gebirg » Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:32 pm

Agree that Face Off is a great show. They definitely have hit their stride. Although every time I see that "I love Glen Hetrick" tweet, I keep thinking that Glen must have written that himself under a pseudonym. :grin: Sorry...he may be uber-talented, but I really would just not like to work with a guy like that.

I'm still on the fence over Heroes of Cosplay. A little too much drama going on here. Both my wife and I marvel at how horribly treated the husbands/boyfriends/male roommates are by the main female characters (and how they treat each other, for that matter). I certainly don't mean to sound sexist in any way, but the show definitely skews in one direction and some of the primaries are REALLY catty. On top of that, the level of OCD that's emanating from these people is making my head spin. I'll keep watching it because I'm interested in the craft work behind designing and building costumes, but it does get to be somewhat painful, as the part of it I like seeing only accounts for about 20% of a show. :ugh:
I may appear unoccupied to you, but at the molecular level, I'm really quite busy.

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:24 am

I haven't seen but one episode of Face Off since it had it rock mid session restarted. I forgot the reason why the delay, but I loved the 1st half of the series. The 1 episode I have seen this then was very lavish with the judging set. I thought they were losing focus on what the show was about compared to the flashy stage. Don't get me wrong it looked great, but I was lost with my eyes wondering around the stage over listening to what was being said. BAD Production idea in my book because I lost my interest enough to remind me to go back and watch more. As for the Cosplay show I haven't seen it. I hardly ever hit the SyFy Channel anymore after they changed the name, and made Alligators, and Sharks their personal priority in the programming. I'll need to go find the past shows of Cosplay, and give it a try. :cylongold:

Return to “Anything Off Topic”