CGI or Original Cylons.

Discussions about the new 2003 TV & Movie series.

What kind of cylons should have been in the show

The original Costume style, you can't beat perfection.
33%
An updated version of the original using costumes
25%
They got it right...CGI all the way....
42%
I'm Lost, I didn't watch BGS, Get me out of here.
No votes

Total votes: 12

nashslash
Flight Leader

CGI or Original Cylons.

Post by nashslash » Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:12 am

OK, I'm not sure if this as been asked before. Probably has. But was wondering about the rest of you. While The New Series BSG Definitely rocked and bought the entire show up to date. I really liked the new style CGI Cylons, when we saw them... (Not the Human ones) would you have liked the cylons as updated costumes or the new CGI. or have kept the original costumes?

What would you have liked to have seen?

www.battlefield-online.net

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:45 am

I say, the "first seen" new ones were right - much more robot.. no need to be so "human."

Later when they got to Razor the "old school Cylons" should have been an updated suit worn by an actor - not CGI.
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:14 pm

I think the newer retro Cylon's were awesome. I think Darth Mojo did some great work off the concept work that David Livingston presented to RDM. If some how a human could fit into a Razor suit I would like seeing that, but no matter what happens it will be all new material. Bring back like an original Cylon would be just for show, and in limited use not the main guy like before. I think that Larson, and everyone learned that chrome isn't easy to work with at all, and if a chromed like finish is used at all it would be CGI only. The lost time in filming these guys was one thing that didn't help the bottom line for ABC when it came to cost on the original run of the show. I have seen many great concept Cylon rehash designs, but what ever it is I bet it will be a new design yet seen, not something taken off the shelf for days gone by from say DeSanto/Singer.

tejanovader
Phalanx Leader

Re: CGI or Original Cylons.

Post by tejanovader » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:16 am

:cylon: I guess I will have to say "let's do retro, but with CGI". I love the old look, but I love the "no way a human actor is in there....it's REAL CYLON, man" thing as well.

I noticed on my minisodes in the RAZOR DVD, that they used the old base star as well for space battle sequences!
Like with STAR TREK, I really love the old designs told with all the better resources we have at our present day disposal.... :cylon:

BruceAdama
Citizen

Post by BruceAdama » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:59 am

I chose CG Cylons, because I just think the "RAZOR" Cylons looked the best. They took the best parts from TOS, and made them even better.

Golddragon71
Citizen

Post by Golddragon71 » Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:06 pm

I went with the newer skinnier CGI Centurions because i like the built in guns (although I gotta wonder how much ammunition they have stored in their mechanical arms and how it's loaded/chambered etc)

The discrepancies between the RAZOR Cylons and the centurion display seen in the Galactica bugged me a bit.
Original BSG Cylon in galactica Museum
Retro design Cylon's from RAZOR

at First i thought the RAZOR cylons were the first evolution from the Classic Centurion seen in the museum but after Caprica we find that the cylons pretty much went from the prototype to the RAZOR style without the classic style models in between.

Return to “2003 Movie and TNS Series”