A little bit about BSG ending and Caprica starting...

Discussions about the new 2003 TV & Movie series.
Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

A little bit about BSG ending and Caprica starting...

Post by Cylon-Knight » Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:23 pm

[From SciFi Wire]

Battlestar's Ronald D. Moore on how his show will go out: in style

Ronald D. Moore, co-executive producer of Battlestar Galactica, told SCI FI Wire that it was incumbent on him to deliver a series finale that closed out the series in style, tied up most of the dangling story threads, left a few people dead and pleased the longtime faithful. In other words, he didn't want to frak it up.

Speaking exclusively with SCI FI Wire at SCI FI Channel's upfront presentation for advertisers and the media last night in New York, Moore also stressed that the upcoming prequel series, Caprica, is a very, very different beast from Battlestar Galactica.

Following are edited excerpts from our exclusive interview. The two-hour series finale of Battlestar Galactica, "Daybreak, Part 2," will premiere on SCI FI this Friday at 9 p.m. ET/PT.

Were you personally ready to let Battlestar Galactica go, or did you think the show had another year in it?

Moore:
I was ready to let it go creatively. I knew that the show had entered the endgame, and I knew that we were in the third act. It was time to wrap up the story. I wasn't emotionally ready to let it go, and I'm still not. It was a very important experience for me. I love it. I loved working on it. I loved the people I got to know. I loved the end product. I liked watching the show. I was a fan of the show. So it's hard to know that there's not more Galactica coming. But as a producer and as a writer, I'm very happy that we got to end it on our own terms.

Obviously you wanted to tie everything up in the last batch of episodes, but how important was it to get the finale right?

Moore:
Oh, it was very important to get the finale right. When you walk out after any production

"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

Starbuck
Raider Gunner

Thanks for that!

Post by Starbuck » Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:33 am

Nice contribution, Cylon Knight.
You are certainly "the man that knows".
Also the man that can find out :wink: .

I always look forward to reading your posts and I'm sure everyone appreciates your timely contributions even though they may not have stated it.

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:53 am

Starbuck, thank you for your kind words! I'm always happy to share what I can and love to read the posts from everyone else, there is a great group of Tin Cans here :P

Here is one more item for you all to read if you like. I subscribe to Entertainment Weekly Magazine and they had a 4 page article on BSG in a recent issue. I planned on posting it before the last show, but it is just as good a read now. I didn't even get around reading it until about 4 pm yesterday myself. :oops:

***Each page pic below is a link to a larger, legiable version.***

ImageImage

ImageImage
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

Return to “2003 Movie and TNS Series”