So the Galactica goes out with a bang, huh?

Discussions about the new 2003 TV & Movie series.
Starbuck
Raider Gunner

So the Galactica goes out with a bang, huh?

Post by Starbuck » Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:33 pm

The last episode was pretty awesome, and it seems that the stage is set for the next one to be the most riveting yet!
How many of you guys (and gals) caught the scene were Hera is dreaming that she is on the war plan table and is playing with the models and pushes the Galactica into a base star?
That was an unforgettable scene, obviously a hint of what is to come.
It would seem that Adama's plan to abandon ship and to take a mission that is likely to be "one way" confirms this.
Can hardly wait to see the last two.
My mind begs answers, were are they gonna go? How is ANYONE going to survive? Who and WHAT is Starbuck? How did she find Earth and then return after she was apparently killed?

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:59 pm

Indeed. There are so many questions and just TWO shows... wow, I don't know how they will sum it all up. I've read interviews with the cast that everything is neatly closed up at the end - all the characters and topics... it just seems impossible!

Riveting is the word, Starbuck. You are so very right. This Friday - mute the world, turn up the TV... then HANG ON :shock:
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:31 pm

Well, as I watched tonight, it was pretty cool. Learning a lot of back story on some of the characters at the very end - cool.

Then if figured, they better hurry up! Only one more show to wrap this all up. No wonder the last one is 2 hours... no way to put it all into less than one (commercials).
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:36 am

I haven't seen last weeks episode yet, but did watch last nights. 2 hours left and a lot of questions to be answered still. Can they pull it off and the race of humans, and Cylons survive or is this the old man from Razor right about Cara Thrace that it has happened over and over again.

Starbuck
Raider Gunner

Re: So the Galactica goes out with a bang, huh?

Post by Starbuck » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:19 pm

Looking back, now we can see that it was actually the Pegasus that Hera pushed into the Base Star. WHat an ERIE seen! I'll never forget it. :blink:
"Hot pilot doesn't need all that electronic felgercarb."

BruceAdama
Citizen

Post by BruceAdama » Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:38 pm

Starbuck wrote:Looking back, now we can see that it was actually the Pegasus that Hera pushed into the Base Star. WHat an ERIE seen! I'll never forget it. :blink:
I didn't pick up on that... how did you come to figure that out? I'm not doubting you, I'm just asking you what the clues were, because I myself never picked up on it.

Starbuck
Raider Gunner

Post by Starbuck » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:32 am

Because the Pegasus DID ram a base star head on (and took out another one with it's Starboard landing/launch bay/pod) just like Hera foresaw. Even though when I firt watched that episode (the erie scene with Hera) I figured that the Gallactica would be the one to "go out with a bang" by ramming a basestar, because she was falling apart.
Also Adama kept implying that the Galactica was going to do a one way mission.

In the end, Hera's vision was true, she pushed "A Battlestar" into a base ship, and THAT's EXACTLY what happened!!!
"Hot pilot doesn't need all that electronic felgercarb."

Return to “2003 Movie and TNS Series”