Battlestar prequel comic explores The Cylon War

Discussions about the new 2003 TV & Movie series.
Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:11 pm

Check it out - awesome new comic book series coming out:
http://scifiwire.com/2009/02/battlestar ... on-war.php

Here is the text only for longevity after the link goes dead - but the cover art pictured on the link is way cool.

SCI FI Wire just got a chance to speak with best-selling sci-fi/fantasy author Eric Nylund about the just-released first chapter of The Cylon War, his four-chapter prequel Battlestar Galactica comic-book series.

The authorized prequel series (co-written with Joshua Ortega) follows Nylund's previous novels set in the Halo universe and his new fantasy book Mortal Coils. Following is an edited version of our exclusive interview with Nylund.

Tell us about Battlestar Galactica: The Cylon War and how you came to be involved.

Nylund: A friend of mine, Joshua Ortega, [came] into my office one day and told me he landed ... a writing gig at Dynamic Forces. When he told me it was Battlestar, I flipped out. I immediately told him he had to write about ... the Cylon War. It's one thing everyone wants to know about! "Oh, yeah?" he said. ... "What exactly would you do?" And from there, we're off and running and had an outline hammered out in about an hour.

Joshua suggested that we write it up and pitch it. I told them he was crazy

"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

Return to “2003 Movie and TNS Series”