New Galactica refers back to original in new movie

Discussions about the new 2003 TV & Movie series.
GoldCylon
Founder

New Galactica refers back to original in new movie

Post by GoldCylon » Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:50 am

This is a quote from Ber McCreary off his web site.
"While Battlestar Galactica: Razor is nearing completion, mostly visual fx changes, the score is finally finished. You guys are going to love this thing. It has more intense action sequences and battles than anything else, except for possibly Exodus Part II. And there are numerous references to the old Battlestar Galactica series for the hard-core sci fi fans as well."
I hope it more than a photo reference to the original Galactica crew and or equipment.

Galactifan
Flight Leader

Post by Galactifan » Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:07 am

I gotta admit that I'll watch this even though I'm an ORIGINAL GALACTICA purist at heart......not that Cylons have a heart. :)

defstartrooper
Spare Parts

Post by defstartrooper » Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:22 pm

Yeah i think all us bods of a certain age will always put the original series above anything else but i do really like the new stuff which is more than i can say about the star wars prequels.

Looking forward to it :D

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:18 am

Even though it doesn't seem to be the style of the new show, it would have been cool to see like a travel back in time or a different view of an alternate world like STNG did. A way to bring back the original cast/crew/props/sets, and anything from the original show. Six made a reference how those original Cylons were still around, and that alone could have been the gate way to bring the original Cylons back, even if in the back ground.

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:22 pm

I watched the Razor minisode a few hours ago. I liked seeing the Cylon Raider in action, but I had hoped to see some original Cylons in the cockpit. Lets see what the others hold in store before the Razor movie.

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:31 pm

Here is a small clip with the Cylons http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgH83IqL8T8

Galactifan
Flight Leader

Post by Galactifan » Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:38 pm

GoldCylon wrote:Here is a small clip with the Cylons http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgH83IqL8T8
It's good to see the original Cylons (even in CGI form), but it's too bad they couldn't get the voices done correctly. They sound...wimpy.

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:41 pm

I think that sound guy Daniel Colman could have used some help from Chris.
I also posted some more photos from Razor, trying to detail out the Cylons.
http://byyourcommand.net/photogallery/Razor

cybertrooper
Raider Pilot

Post by cybertrooper » Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:57 am

Great screen grabs Dale. I can almost forgive Galactica 2003 for leaving out the original cylons. Also it was good that they were still fair effective - for 'obsolete' models they were at least as deadly as their new cousins.

Fingers crossed they make another appearance in season 4. But it would have to be at least as good as this movie.

CoolCylon
Patrol Member

Post by CoolCylon » Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:33 am

That was way cool, man love that, even if kind of cartoonish looking, and sounding, but thanks Ron Moore for not forgetting the original base of fans.
Group 3 Section 1, 7 and 2, 8 arm and attack Atlantia

Return to “2003 Movie and TNS Series”