Anyone else disappointed?

Discussions about the new 2003 TV & Movie series.
Cylon99
Spare Parts

Anyone else disappointed?

Post by Cylon99 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:58 pm

I was pretty let down by last nights season finale. From the point that the series won't start again until NEXT JANUARY to the revelation of who the final 5 (which I counted 4, but the final suprise at the end may have been the 5th) models of cylons. What the heck was up with the Jimi Hendrix cover at the end? Totally didn't fit IMO.
The episode was alright up to the end. I think they could have done a better job of picking who the final 5 cylons were....although one of whom I figured from the beginning.
Season 3 started out promising enough, but got too wrapped up in romantic side stories. I knew it would be very difficult to top season 2. Last night just iced that cake.
Anyone else feel this way after last night?

What the world needs now....is more frackking cylon episodes of new Galactica!!!

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:55 pm

I was reflecting back on the action pack season last year, and the so so year., and over all I think I was let down. Not disappointed, but I had higher hopes for the year, and the finale. Starbuck just popping back in like that just didn't seem right, but then that might have been the 5th Cylon also. I also remember seeing a clip where Adama said we are Cylons, but I didn't notice anyplace in the episode last night where he said that. I just wonder what is going to happen over the next year break, are we going to get those little webepisodes like last year, before the season began. Also the story lines on the webepisodes didn't follow the episodes.

Paradox
Spare Parts

All Along The Watchtower

Post by Paradox » Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:45 am

I forgot all about the "All Along The Watchtower" lines. With the first utterance I though what the Bob Dylan are you doing? (It was a Hendrix cover). Have you totally run out of writing ideas? "... that feel that life is but a joke..." I guess there could be some deeper writing coming up next season. The prophesies foretell of life being a circle and time repeats. Did Starbuck die? Did Starbuck return? I don't remember hearing Adama ever say, "We are Cylons". But that would be a full circle of life. First your the alive hero, now your the dead machine. HM... Yet, here we have four 'Galactican's' hearing "radio Earth" and one un-dead Starbuck saying she's just returned.

Someone mentioned a final season. Again with the full circle and history repeats, "Galactica 1980", they find Earth and the show is canceled. No, but perhaps they don't find Earth, they founded Earth and the colonies spring from there. Everything is possible in Sci Fi.

Final 5? Hey, this is Sci Fi so anything can happen. Could Tigh, an old drunk that predates both Cylon wars be a Cylon? Yes, he could have been downloaded into a Cylon body while captive on New Caprica. Or "God's Plan" is mysterious with the Cylons, maybe he does predate the wars. The Chief, he was in love with Cylon Boomer 1, Cylons seem to love humans and have not yet been paired with themselves on the show. But he was in occupied territory. As was Mr. Starbuck (now why don't I know his name?) twice in occupied territory. Yet if Starbuck is a Cylon, and so is he, that would be a Cylon pair. The Presidents aide, don't know much about her, except that she paired up with Mr. Starbuck. Another Cylon pairing? And Starbuck as the fifth? Who knows? Killed and reborn on the resurrection ship? Captured by Cylons and being manipulated? Went through a worm hole and really found Earth? As the Cylons kept the humans as pets on New Caprica, perhaps Starbuck is being used as a diversion to keep the fleet moving in the wrong direction while they find the real Earth? I'll take one #6 and a Boomer when they get here. And if possible, I'd like them to make another Xena model just for me. For that I'm willing to negotiate our surrender. Who can blame Baltar? He's only a man.

Waiting till 2008 is a long way off. I could say low budget channel with a low budget show. If ratings are so good, why aren't you producing more episodes? These dollars just don't add up.

..... But you and I, we've been through that, and this is not our fate,
So let us not talk falsely now, the hour is getting late.

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:31 am

Man my head hurts having read all of those possible twist and turns in pairing up one or an other skin jobs. That is a great way to mess with the mind for 10 months waiting to see what happens next, or even is this one of the Dallas type of season premier right offs, where it was just a dream while taking a shower.
Over all just a bit odd how Starbuck returned, since they did show her Viper exploding, and now she is back in an other, or the same Viper.
Also the final pull back view looked to me like the final shot was the of earth.

GoldCylon
Founder

Re: All Along The Watchtower

Post by GoldCylon » Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:49 am

Paradox wrote:I forgot all about the "All Along The Watchtower" lines. With the first utterance I though what the Bob Dylan are you doing? (It was a Hendrix cover).

I found this , and thought it was pretty cool.
http://www.bearmccreary.com/html/blog/blogmain.htm

Cylon99
Spare Parts

Post by Cylon99 » Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:39 pm

The whole episode didnt sit right. 4 people all hearing the same music...they all arrive in the same spot, music stops and all of a sudden they think "Woah...we're cylons! Let's still pretend to be human!" Yeah....THAT made sense, Ron! :roll:

Starbuck arriving, after all we had seen with her and the cylon she loved to hate, seemed way too out of place. We're expecting a huge fracking space battle only to have that yanked out from under us with a dead pilot showing up and knocking the wind out of us.
So here we are, guessing for about a year over what the heck we just sat through...no 2 hour epic finale as in past seasons, nothing that really made a whole hell of a lot of sense to satisfy us.

The show now officially has WAY too many plot twists. The imprisoned #6, the baby, the cancer, the "Apollo cant get his life together", the final 5 cylons, Baltar, fuel shortages and the striking under staffed overworked workers who make them....who can keep up?
What the world needs now....is more frackking cylon episodes of new Galactica!!!

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:41 pm

The nice thing about all the twist and turns is that just about anything can happen, and maybe sometime over the spring break they might combine some of the many loose ends into one big beginning? Also since the Cylon fleet jumped into orbit with the Colonial fleet, will they have the same power shut down that the rest of the ships had? Will that give Galactica and the Vipers enough time to destroy a few Basestars ???

Return to “2003 Movie and TNS Series”