BATTLE-SKIN 'GALACTICA STAR POSES FOR SIX-Y NUDES

Discussions about the new 2003 TV & Movie series.
GoldCylon
Founder

BATTLE-SKIN 'GALACTICA STAR POSES FOR SIX-Y NUDES

Post by GoldCylon » Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:37 pm

January 11, 2007 -- TRISHA Helfer plays an evil machine on "Battlestar Galactica," but the sexy Cylon may cause her fans to short-circuit when they see the latest edition of Playboy.

"I hope people like them," Helfer told The Post of her 10-page nude pictorial shot by famed shutterbug Sante D'Orazio. "I know I do."

On "Battlestar," Helfer plays Number Six, a blonde- bombshell member of a race of machines called Cylons, who are bent on pursuing and annihilating the human race. New episodes of the popular SCI FI channel show's third season begin on Jan. 21 at 10 p.m.

The part, for which she originally dyed her hair peroxide blonde, caused her hair "to fall out in clumps," she says. "So now I just wear a wig"

Helfer says that recently her character has begun to question her loyalty to the machines. "In the second half of the season we start to see a bit of a break with my Number Six," says Helfer. "She's at a crossroads and kind of feels that she's not quite part of the Cylons anymore but doesn't know if the humans will accept her."

"Galactica" is a high-concept re-imagining of what was a cheesy, but beloved 1970s space show and stars two Oscar nomi nees, Edward James Olmos and Mary McDonnell.

In just a few short years, the new version has become one of the most talked-about series on TV, mainly for it's ability to tackle controversial current issues, such as terrorism, war and politics skillfully disguised as science fiction.

Helfer says that while the cast is aware of how impactful "Galactica" has become, the true message behind each episode is usually not clear until they get to watch the finished product. "It's something that we're all proud of," she says.

Return to “2003 Movie and TNS Series”