Hi from Canada

Tell us about yourself. Post about yourself, your collection, builds or what you hope to collect, build.
Hammer3246
Patrol Member

Re: Hi from Canada

Post by Hammer3246 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:02 am

Red Eye wrote:Awesome builds you've done there, Hammer3246!

I've got one request as well: Could you give me some insight how the arm- and leg-armor is held together or how everything is secured to the undersuit? I could use this information for my future build of a full Sentry Robot-costume from "The Black Hole", which I plan to realize for some time now...

Unfortunately, it is next impossible to find a complete surviving Sentry-costume, so it's my guess a Stormtrooper-costume would be the best source for aquiring such knowledge... the arm- and leg-armor on both costumes are almost identical, by the way...
I like the idea of a Sentry suit.

My forearms are clam shelled ie: glued on one side and velcro on the other, same as the calves (they both just float). Thighs are glued solid and attached to a "girdle" :wink:. The Ab, back are velco on the sides the butt and crotch are attached to this with elastic and snaps with suspenders holding it all up. The upper chest, back, shoulder and biceps are put together like a shirt, all attached with elacstic and velcro nothing on mine is physically attached to the undersuit.

If you really want some good insight check this site out..http://www.whitearmor.net/home/

Cheers

Hammer3246
Patrol Member

Post by Hammer3246 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:09 am

GoldCylon wrote:If I recall ABS is harder to pull, and Styrene takes more of a beating via detailing, and well is more friendly to repair in mistakes. Easy to sand and Bondo.

What I've read is that Styrene is easier to pull and gives sharper details, it is however more susceptible to cracking where as ABS is the opposite. In the case of a stormtrooper you need to paint the styrene, ABS you don't, with the ABS you can get it with a UV inhibitor also to keep it from yellowing. I keep mine clean and shiny with Novus polish.

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:56 pm

Thanks for sounding off on those details.

Red Eye
Cylon Empire VIP & BYC.net Gallery Admin

Post by Red Eye » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:52 am

Yes, thank you for it!

This helps much! :smile:
"There can be no survivors. So long as one human remains alive the Alliance is threatened."

Return to “Say Hi”