Hi yall...

Tell us about yourself. Post about yourself, your collection, builds or what you hope to collect, build.
SiR-ROUND

Hi yall...

Post by SiR-ROUND » Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:38 am

Well, decided to join after watching some pics on BYC.net...

Been a real fan of the original series as a kid. I got an Adama amulet as a gift, and that started the ball rolling. I will have a Cylon helmet someday to accompany it. :wink:

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:19 am

Hey Sir Round, welcome, are you the same Sir Round, different spelling from the Robocop , and Terminator forums? So do have you Cylon helmet already?

SiR-ROUND

Post by SiR-ROUND » Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:13 pm

Cheers!

I am one and the same SiR-ROUND, same spelling. :wink:

The only other nick I use is Judge ROUND on MEGACITY JUSTICE, a Dredd forum.

Have we met before? I seem to recall something?

:roll:

No Cylon helmet yet. Seen one on your site for $100? Chroming is always a problem isn't it? I did find a company in Holland that is supposed to chrome parts for oldtimers and even plastics. Setting my hopes on that. I think it would need a true chrome finish.

Have you guys by any chance seen the awesome big scale Battlestar on the Illuminati forums?

8)

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:30 pm

Hey Sir Round, sorry if my memory failed me on the spelling of the name, but I used to be a semi active member of the Robocop site, but I guess if your not active a while the account is closed. I went about 1 year with out posting, and went back to log on, and said no such member. I have seen your name over on the Endo Builders site also.
As for chroming I used to chrome, but no longer (long story) but I am gathering up pieces of my own, and others to send out to be chromed in a few weeks. The company is a CA based company that I tried once, and I liked their work so I am going to have other members looking to have stuff chromed tossed into the next batch.
I guess I should make a posting about that subject.
I have seen the photos of Big G over on that site, but some server changes for my web site won't let me upload extreme large photos like those anymore. You should check out the photo gallery section in the Apogee folder, and check out that stuff. Galactica under construction, other ships, costumes, and props

SiR-ROUND

Post by SiR-ROUND » Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:47 pm

Cheers,

Well RA had a crash, maybe you didn't re-register? So I do recall you from there!

Haven't set my mind on a big BSG collection though. I would like the Adama medallion to be recasted in pewter. That will look nice.

And, the Cylon helmet with light and voice changer. Will be Xpensive enough right? :wink:

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:49 pm

A recast in pewter isn't one I have heard before. That would be a nice challenge, but what would you do about having it chromed?
The helmet complete isn't cheap, but it is very impressive.

SiR-ROUND

Post by SiR-ROUND » Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:39 pm

Was talking about the medallion only regarding the pewter...

I don't know if pewter could be chromed? I do know you can give it almost every metal look you like, with the right polish or chemical treatment.

So, what will a complete helmet set me back then?

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:52 pm

The complete package is a wide open question on cost. The question has more questions than answers. What type of quality in the electronics are you looking to have? A basic flashing LED system, or a true light bulb system. That alone might be the biggest cost of the entire project. Also what type of plating are you looking to have, a can of chrome like spray paint, or a true automotive chroming? Audio play back systems run about $100, they would be a power speaker system, than a Mp3 player plugged into it. The true question should be how much are you willing to spend. Put into the fact that you need the helmet, and everything else after that is open to how much do you want to spend on the helmet. A low end basic helmet do it all your self, and nothing but a few minor things like, glue, paint, and time you can do if for about $100 - $110, while decked out full bore 100% top notch I can see $700 to $800 spent on the helmet. Now the choices are what do you want as a priority. Chrome? lights? sound? everything? So it runs bottom line $100 to $800 on a Cylon helmet. Hope that this helps.

SiR-ROUND

Post by SiR-ROUND » Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:40 am

Well, it certainly does! Cheers!

I think it would be fun to do the prepwork on the helmet myself.

Wow, So it was originally a bulb system? Ofcourse it was... So, is there a noticeable difference between a LED and bulb version? If the LED version is done right, the LED's will have that short afterglow like bulbs.

Is it okay to ask this stuff in my introduction post?

Return to “Say Hi”