A Proper Greeting

Tell us about yourself. Post about yourself, your collection, builds or what you hope to collect, build.
piRatemaster
Citizen

A Proper Greeting

Post by piRatemaster » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:29 am

Well, this took longer than usual. Galactica showed up at our rear end as I was typing this message.

So, I was introduced to Battlestar Galactica about five years ago, starting with the original series which hooked me instantly. I watched and rewatched every episode about three times before finding a game for it becsuse that's what I do. I did find one, one that a decent lot of you should know about. After getting hooked on that for a month it got boring and I moved on for a while, occasionally revisiting the episodes.

Only recently, about half a year ago, I found the entire new series on Dailymotion; no paywall, no catch except for ads. So I began binge-watching that while going about my daily activities, and I can now say that HOLY :frack: - That CGI was as close as you could get to realistic I've ever seen, and my interest was fully rekindled after the second season. I returned to the game and am still playing it today on both sides.

Then very recently I decided I wanted to have a Cylon suit. Nothing big or special, but an original Centurion suit for Halloween or something. That's how I found this place; I was looking through the pages for alternatives to the Kropserkel kit. Which leads us to today. Hello, world. Glory to the Cylon. :evillaugh:

I play Battlestar Galactica online. Talk to me if you want to meet up there, fellow Cylon.

Story of the day:
:censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Re: A Proper Greeting

Post by Cylon-Knight » Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:13 pm

Hello, properly, piRatemaster! ;)
Glad you've found Battlestar Galactica and ByYourCommand.net! Looking forward to your future build. :cylon:

You have seen original and re-imagined... Have you watched the spin off series - Galactica 1980, Caprica and Blood & Chrome?
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

piRatemaster
Citizen

Post by piRatemaster » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:51 pm

I have seen Blood & Chrome in the movie form. Interestng stuff.
The little I did see of Galactica 1980 (or later before 2004) was a scene where they were driving motorcycles in an Earth freeway. I know that freeway, I used to go around there a lot.
I have yet to see Caprica, but I think I saw Basestars shifting their upper and lower halves, which is something I would loved to have seen in the 2004 series.
I play Battlestar Galactica online. Talk to me if you want to meet up there, fellow Cylon.

Story of the day:

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:56 pm

Welcome on board, and good to hear you have taken up the game. I tried it for a while, but just a bit too hard for me to play. The other shows like Bllod and Chrome that you spoke of is my favorite of the spin offs. Classic Cylon's, and Baseships are always a a good move.

piRatemaster
Citizen

Post by piRatemaster » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:03 pm

It's really cool to see original Cylons still having a bit of a part in the series (final episode is one of the few where you see them active and moving.) I can only imagine the original series with all of the new stuff. Like an actual recreation, or reenactment I should say.

Lorne Greene, come back! You never gave us a chance to kill you! :brokenheart:

Also, have you heard about the new mobile Battlestar Galactica game? I don't know how many are on Android, but I know it's the first iOS one.

Story of the day:

Return to “Say Hi”