Hi From Glasgow UK

Tell us about yourself. Post about yourself, your collection, builds or what you hope to collect, build.
Silver-Cylon
Patrol Member

Hi From Glasgow UK

Post by Silver-Cylon » Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:57 am

Hi Folks,

Just been activated, no pun intended ;) , so thought i would post up and say Hi, my name is Ian McMillan and i live in Glasgow, Scotland, i am kinda new to the BSG scene but a lover of the original series for a long time.... i have been a member of the 501st for about 14 years now, so an old hand at costuming but not as a cylon.... that part will be new and take some getting used to.

i look forward to contributing to the boards when i can and i look forward to having a proper read through trying to learn all i can about what it takes to build the costume and such, i recently bought a fiberglass kit from a member here Paul MC, he didn't have time to get it finished and from what he tells me he has just moved so he won't be able to get time so decided to cut his losses and sell up, my lucky day as i had been looking at buying a cylon after selling one of my other costumes, the kit he has sold me looks great and it has a lot of the work done to it plus some extra's with it so that will save me a little bit of time looking for those parts, i will be doing a little research in the mean time and i look forward to getting to know some of you as my journey begins.

So i won't rattle on so "Hello" from me and i apologies in advance for any silly questions i post from now on but "if you don't ask you don't get" as i am always told.

Ian .... :cylon:

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Re: Hi From Glasgow UK

Post by Cylon-Knight » Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:46 am

Welcome, welcome Ian! Glad you joined. Would love to see your 501st builds.

Looking forward to you Cylon build and helping if I can. Post often and enjoy the site.
:byyourcommand:

P.S. Be sure to bookmark our gallery if you haven't yet, especially the Centurion section.
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

Silver-Cylon
Patrol Member

Post by Silver-Cylon » Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:34 pm

Thanks for the reply friend, i currently have 2 costumes one is a Biker scout, the other is a WIP as i am planning on building a Tusken raider, but i recently sold a full royal Guard costume from Fenix props. i could post up some pictures if you like? i have had many costumes over the years, Snow trooper, imperial officer, Royal guard (twice), biker scout (Twice) , i was in the process of building Boba fett till some smart guy wrote my car off and i had to sell up to fund a new car.

i will dig up some pictures and post them up when i can, that's if you don't mind being bombarded with pictures :lol: , anyway i don't have my kit from Paul yet but when i do i will gladly post up what i have and get some advice from there.

Thanks for the welcome and like i said i look forward to building something new.

Kind regards.

Ian ... :cylon:

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:13 pm

Welcome on board Ian. :cylongold:

bpagan
Citizen

Post by bpagan » Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:36 pm

Welcome friend! :byyourcommand:

Bill

Silver-Cylon
Patrol Member

Post by Silver-Cylon » Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:16 am

Hi Goldcylon and Hi Bill, Thanks for the welcome, i look forward to contributing as well as asking a lot of silly questions if i can't find the answers by my self.

:byyourcommand: :cylon:

Kind regards.

Ian ...

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Tue May 03, 2016 10:15 pm

Oh yeah, Silver-Cylon, post up PHOTOS!
My motto is...
:CK:

I would sooooooooo love to have a Biker Scout costume. *jealous*
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

Silver-Cylon
Patrol Member

Post by Silver-Cylon » Wed May 04, 2016 1:06 pm

OK since it's may the 4th ;-) here are some pictures of my star wars costumes.

i will post up pictures of my Tusken raider when i have him complete as i am still waiting on a few bits before i can push on with him, but i am looking forward to getting my teeth in to my Cylon as it will be a welcome change of pace.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.

Ian ... :cylon:

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Wed May 04, 2016 1:09 pm

Those rock. Great looking costumes.

Silver-Cylon
Patrol Member

Post by Silver-Cylon » Wed May 04, 2016 1:50 pm

Thank you, that's very kind.

Red Eye
Cylon Empire VIP & BYC.net Gallery Admin
It’s my birthday

Post by Red Eye » Fri May 06, 2016 5:58 am

Welcome aboard and congrats on your great-looking Star Wars costumes!

Can't wait to see your finished Centurion...
"There can be no survivors. So long as one human remains alive the Alliance is threatened."

Silver-Cylon
Patrol Member

Post by Silver-Cylon » Fri May 06, 2016 12:55 pm

Thank you for the warm welcome, i just received my armour the other day and it's a lot to take in to account, my armour is all fiberglass and will need some filling and sanding to make it as close to perfect as i can before finding a chromer to get it all shiny.

i am looking forward to making a start and to find out how it all goes together... right now i am looking at some of the parts and asking myself what the hell is this part and where does it go LOL, but i am sure it will all come together and i will figure it out.

just looking forward to getting a start made and see how it works out.

Thank you for all the replies, i really appreciate it.

Kind regards.

Ian .... :cylon:

OMEGA3
Patrol Leader

Post by OMEGA3 » Mon May 09, 2016 2:13 pm

Hello and welcome Just outstanding in my book... Glad you've joined us :cylon:

Silver-Cylon
Patrol Member

Post by Silver-Cylon » Tue May 10, 2016 8:48 am

Thanks Omega3 , i look forward to getting my Cylon build and joining the centurion ranks. :cylon:

OMEGA3
Patrol Leader

Post by OMEGA3 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:24 am

Ian - You will find out so much info in this forum and everyone here will help you out !
I am joining the 501st here in DALLAS TX -USA and waiting for my orders... I have request be a stormtrooper.
I am right now at The Dallas Fan Expo Con - Started for me on June 02,2016 and it runs until June 05,2016 !
If you need info on voice or sound just shot me message or email and I can get you to someone who helped me.
Kind Regards,
Ed

Return to “Say Hi”