Hello!

Tell us about yourself. Post about yourself, your collection, builds or what you hope to collect, build.
Dr. Kate McCrae
Citizen

Hello!

Post by Dr. Kate McCrae » Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:56 am

Starlog On:

Hello! I joined this site nearly a year ago, because I LOVE "The Black Hole". I am glad that I was able to learn enough about "Battlestar Galactica" to join the site. I should really learn even more about that series, as I never watched it on T.V.

I don't just like "The Black Hole" these days, though. I like "Alien", "E.T.", "TRON", "Flight of the Navigator", etc., and I've watched Don Bluth's "Space Ace" on YouTube. I guess that you could say that I am sometimes into the warm and fuzzy side of Sci-Fi, although I also favor the darker themes of such classics as "The Black Hole" (Ie: The obvious concept of the "Horror Hospital"; don't ask if you don't want the movie spoiled for you...LOL! ;) ...)

I also think that Sci-Fi pin up cartoons are out of this world, and I have seriously considered the possibilities of a robot family; should intelligent life be found on Mars, I'd be the first one in my neighborhood to give human/alien dating a try...provided that no Xenomorphs were standing there, flicking their tails at me! LOL!

I have had a life that's been plagued by extremely strange scientific circumstances, and so it's very easy for me to look up into the night sky, wondering...

Starlog Off:
Dr. Kate McCrae

PHOTO CREDIT: i.kinja-img.com

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Re: Hello!

Post by Cylon-Knight » Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:17 am

Hello, and welcome Dr. Kate!

Love your view point on sci-fi. Happy endings do make everything better as in TRON and Flight of the Navigator - both two of my faves. But when you need the creeps good ol' Dr. Reinhardt never fails to deliver - and a helping of Maximilian never hurts too. ;)

Oh my you NEED to watch Classic Battlestar! It is super action and adventure - and a nice warm fuzzy at the end too.

Curious, what do you think of Labyrinth? (Another one of my all time faves... not sci-fi, I know, but still rocks).

Enjoy the site and post often!
:byyourcommand:
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:22 am

Oh yeah, the pin up is cool. I'll have to look for more of them. Very creative.
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

Red Eye
Cylon Empire VIP & BYC.net Gallery Admin

Post by Red Eye » Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:59 pm

Welcome aboard the Basestar... the U.S.S. Cygnus!

It's great to have another fan of "The Black Hole" among us!

Post often and enjoy the site.
"There can be no survivors. So long as one human remains alive the Alliance is threatened."

rustycylon
Squadron Leader

Post by rustycylon » Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:14 pm

welcome. I havn't seen the black hole for years but I remember my favourite robot was old bob all dented and beaten up.

OMEGA3
Patrol Leader

Post by OMEGA3 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:33 pm

Hello and Welcome

This is a great site to learn about the Cylon Centurion costumes from the Battlestar Galactica TOS

BUT

There is so much more here then Battlestar Galactica and you will see that after visiting more of the forums here. :cylon:

GoldCylon
Founder

Hello!

Post by GoldCylon » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:49 am

Alien dating. Okay that's something I haven't heard of before sounds intriguing though.

Croft2014
Raider Pilot

Post by Croft2014 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:31 pm

I joined back in January 2014 around the time I got the German Blu-ray set and was looking for info on said set. I had a lot of fun perusing the forum reliving my BG memories. I was 11 when BG premiered in September 1978 and was instantly a fan. Although I think the more recent version is much superior in terms of it's writing and the fullfilling of the potential inherent in the original, it's not half as much fun. Brilliant though it is, it's just so grim; I'm slowly working my way through it. I have seen Caprica which I did enjoy, and Blood & Chrome which was enjoyable enough.

At the time BG premiered, I lived in Rochester New York in the town of Penfield; I subsequently moved to the nearby suburb of Pittsford in '79 and then to the United Kingdom in August '83, and have been here ever since. Anyone else from that part of NY on here? Anyone else from the UK (I live in Huddersfield)?

Return to “Say Hi”