Greetings from Kansas City ... and a stupid question

Tell us about yourself. Post about yourself, your collection, builds or what you hope to collect, build.
RAM_Doubler
Patrol Leader

Greetings from Kansas City ... and a stupid question

Post by RAM_Doubler » Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:48 pm

Greetings from Kansas City!

Huge thumbs up to everyone who contributes to the site - this build has been a blast so far.

I'm working on a complete pepakura build, based on BazookaJo's kick @$$ templates. Been racing to get done before Planet Comicon 2015 here in KC, so I've spent all my time scouring the site and not posting, but looking forward to sharing whatever I manage to finish in the next 4 weeks - haha. I've got 3 coats of resin on all of the armor, and a decent start on the fiberglass, along with boots, gloves, working eye, and the beginnings of a not-screen-accurate undersuit substitute (something had to give with the rapidly approaching deadline). As you all know, it's a deceptively large amount of work!

Attaching a pic of the coveralls I'll be modifying (as time permits) to stand in as an undersuit....

And finally, my stupid question... Like an idiot, I misspelled my username when I joined the site. :frack: Can one of the admins change "RAM_Doulber" to "RAM_Doubler? Or should I just create a new profile?
Attachments
IMG_4046.JPG

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Re: Greetings from Kansas City ... and a stupid question

Post by Cylon-Knight » Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:58 am

Well, hey, greetings from KC to KC! ;)
Two Cylons in town!! - whoooooowheeeeeeeee

Your build is looking great, RAM_Doubler (your name has been updated).
:byyourcommand:

Looking forward to seeing more of your build - and the Cylons crushing all the lowly humans at the con. ;) :twisted:
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

xanthis02
Centurion

Post by xanthis02 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:12 pm

Hey and welcome fellow scourge of man :byyourcommand:

OMEGA3
Patrol Leader

Post by OMEGA3 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:03 am

Hello Kansas City !!!! I just feel right at home in the West ! :byyourcommand:

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:17 pm

I love the jumpsuit idea. Looks like a workout Cylon suit. :grin:

RAM_Doubler
Patrol Leader

Post by RAM_Doubler » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:31 pm

Cylon-Knight wrote:Well, hey, greetings from KC to KC! ;)
Two Cylons in town!! - whoooooowheeeeeeeee

Your build is looking great, RAM_Doubler (your name has been updated).
:byyourcommand:

Looking forward to seeing more of your build - and the Cylons crushing all the lowly humans at the con. ;) :twisted:
Thanks for the username update! Even machines aren't above a little vanity :)

Looking forward to the con - never been there before as anything but a lowly human. When are the best times to sow intimidation and fear?

RAM_Doubler
Patrol Leader

Post by RAM_Doubler » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:41 pm

GoldCylon wrote:I love the jumpsuit idea. Looks like a workout Cylon suit. :grin:
Haha - yeah, it's a workable and cheap solution that should be easy to attach velcro/patches/etc to. The posts I've read about the work that goes into a proper undersuit...you guys weren't kidding. :lol: Maybe in version 2.0!

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:50 pm

I, myself, would guess Saturday - out on the floor of the Con itself.
I think then and there you'll find the most amount of lowly humans and can see them cower in fear. ;)
:evillaugh:

Kids are especially fun.
Stand rather motionless and then suddenly turn toward them... *eeek*
Or be walking and suddenly shift direction towards one GAZING at you (you can see them staring at you, but they are unaware you see them).
I did that at Galacticon ... haha... priceless. Just a second of "OH!" to startle them, not freak them out - run them down/be mean ... just good ol' CYON HAVOC!!! :twisted: *BOO*

But my best tip, fellow Centurion, is to have a handler with you!
You will NEED a helper to tend to this or that on your suit. Tell you to stop and help manage photo hungry humans. Also to guide you safely around the masses of fearful humans due to your LIMITED vision. And finally you'll love their help to navigate the evils of this planet Earth, such as stairs and narrow, dark spaces that somehow pop up even in an expo hall.

And, by the Lords of Kobol, bring not one, or two, but like three extra batteries! A power hungry Cylon should always be prepared.

Hope to see you there! I'll be the guy that looks like you. :cylon: :cylon:
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

mad-Cylon
Patrol Member

Post by mad-Cylon » Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:48 am

G'day I'm also undertaking the paper Cylon project looking forward to your posts and see how you are doing things. You have some crazy time constraints good luck.
Time for a polish I like to be Nice and Shiny :loveit:

RAM_Doubler
Patrol Leader

Post by RAM_Doubler » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:46 pm

Cylon-Knight wrote:I, myself, would guess Saturday - out on the floor of the Con itself.
I think then and there you'll find the most amount of lowly humans and can see them cower in fear. ;)
:evillaugh:

Kids are especially fun.
Stand rather motionless and then suddenly turn toward them... *eeek*
Or be walking and suddenly shift direction towards one GAZING at you (you can see them staring at you, but they are unaware you see them).
I did that at Galacticon ... haha... priceless. Just a second of "OH!" to startle them, not freak them out - run them down/be mean ... just good ol' CYON HAVOC!!! :twisted: *BOO*

But my best tip, fellow Centurion, is to have a handler with you!
You will NEED a helper to tend to this or that on your suit. Tell you to stop and help manage photo hungry humans. Also to guide you safely around the masses of fearful humans due to your LIMITED vision. And finally you'll love their help to navigate the evils of this planet Earth, such as stairs and narrow, dark spaces that somehow pop up even in an expo hall.

And, by the Lords of Kobol, bring not one, or two, but like three extra batteries! A power hungry Cylon should always be prepared.

Hope to see you there! I'll be the guy that looks like you. :cylon: :cylon:

Many thanks for all the tips! Got me pumped to get this frakkin' toaster done. Spent all day today wet sanding, so I needed the motivation :lol:

Definitely hope to see you there, as well - planning to go Saturday to cause maximum fear :evillaugh:

RAM_Doubler
Patrol Leader

Post by RAM_Doubler » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:48 pm

mad-Cylon wrote:G'day I'm also undertaking the paper Cylon project looking forward to your posts and see how you are doing things. You have some crazy time constraints good luck.
I've been watching your posts as well, since there's not a lot of reference photos out there yet for the pep builds, every little bit of info has been helpful. Finally got my photos off my phone, so I'll get a post started soon, though probably won't get it done until after the con - haha.

Return to “Say Hi”