Hello To All!

Tell us about yourself. Post about yourself, your collection, builds or what you hope to collect, build.
Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Re: Hello To All!

Post by Cylon-Knight » Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:50 am

Thank you Dale and Chris! :)
:byyourcommand:

"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

Red Eye
Cylon Empire VIP & BYC.net Gallery Admin
It’s my birthday

Post by Red Eye » Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:24 am

Thanks from me as well! *Bows down*

And thanks for sharing the photos of your awesome collection with us, astatickiss! It ROCKS! :cool:

I think I've spotted some Mego 12" Black Hole figures in one of your photos, do you have any more Black Hole items to show?
"There can be no survivors. So long as one human remains alive the Alliance is threatened."

astatickiss
Centurion

Post by astatickiss » Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:41 am

Hello- Red Eye!.... Thank you much for your kind words!..... Yes- I have the complete line of (Mego) "Black Hole" figures. The 12", and 3 3/4" lines. (I am missing "The Inhumanoid" figure from the 3 3/4" line, though. I have several of the (MPC) model kits sealed. "Maximillian", "The Cygnus", and the little robot guy (forgot his name?).... When time allows, I will try to post some shots of them, and any other "BH" collectibles I may have but cannot recall at this time!
Again, Red Eye- thank you!..... (All the high praise from you guys, is going to give me a swelled head!)

Red Eye
It’s my birthday

Post by Red Eye » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:45 am

Thanks a lot in advance!

I bet they'd be a great addition to our "Black Hole" Gallery, if I have your permission to use them...
"There can be no survivors. So long as one human remains alive the Alliance is threatened."

astatickiss
Centurion

Post by astatickiss » Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:32 pm

Absolutely!...... Any pics I post are welcomed by/for anyone who may be interested in them to post or show. I don't mind a bit...... I only have the 12" scale figures on display in my office, presently-though. The "MPC" models, and smaller figures are still tucked away in totes, as is much of my collection- but I will try to gather them all for pictures to pass along, as soon as I have from free time available to dig through them!................Chris

Red Eye
It’s my birthday

Post by Red Eye » Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:39 am

Can't wait to see more of your collection...

By the way: There's a Mego Humanoid on eBay right now, but sadly he's missing the cloth robe and boots:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-The-Bla ... 3ceb7afde1

astatickiss
Centurion

Post by astatickiss » Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:35 pm

YES! They DO come up (though infrequently) on Ebay. Unfortunately, with all the "fan-made" packaging, and modifications, even on "loose" action figures, I am opting to wait and try to find one that has been "AFA" graded, and guaranteed authentic, as there is so much bogus material floating around out there, now! That one is most likely legit, but I would rather pay the extra amount, and have a complete/packaged piece- assuming I have the funds to procure it at a somewhat fair price? (But thank you for the heads-up!)....... I appreciate the information!...... Chris

astatickiss
Centurion

Post by astatickiss » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:06 am

For any & all consideration- Here is what I have so far on a shot-up "Battle-Damaged' Cylon..... Sometimes, I walk by him, and really like the variety, & placement of the ammunition holes, and scarring graphics- then other times, I look at it and say "it doesn't work". Anyone who may see the pics, please give me an honest evaluation?! If it does not look right- I would rather know, as they can easily be removed. I do not have a thin skin, so if the "look" just does not seem/feel right, please don't feel like you are offending me, by saying so?!....... Thank you for your input!........ Chris
Attachments
Picture 027.jpg
Picture 023.jpg
Picture 022.jpg
Picture 021.jpg

Red Eye
It’s my birthday

Post by Red Eye » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:27 am

Looks good to me. A few dents would be cool too.

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:14 am

Poor guy!!! :cylon:
But, he looks great - for looking so bad. :)

Well done.
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

astatickiss
Centurion

Post by astatickiss » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:25 pm

Thank you- guys!....... Yes- I thought about that!.... Some denting would add to it's motif, no question,...... but I am afraid to work with the ABS plastic, and seriously do some damage I don't count on, and can'rt repair? I also thought about some burn/char marks would be a great accent, but am afraid to attempt anything I can't take back, if I don't like it.... Oh well- I'm having fun with the whole project anyway, and that's worth it's weight in a gold Cylon- lol.......... (Thank you for both of your remarks- guys! (I'm glad it passes scrutiny, so far!)

rustycylon
Squadron Leader

Post by rustycylon » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:30 am

a few dents would work well with the effect you are going for. This is my attempt at dents
Attachments
100_0767.JPG
100_0766.JPG

astatickiss
Centurion

Post by astatickiss » Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:33 am

I love it!.... That is exactly what I would like to have on my helmet, (and on various spots on the armor!) How (& with what) did you apply the denting on the plastic?

rustycylon
Squadron Leader

Post by rustycylon » Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:42 pm

the small dents were made with a dome headed bolt which I heated up in a fire. the big long dent was made with a piece of steel tube I heated up.

astatickiss
Centurion

Post by astatickiss » Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:31 pm

Hmmmm- I never would have thought of that?.... How long did you apply the pressure for? Any specific length of time? I would like to try this, but do not want to overdo the time, and possibly mar the plastic so bad, beyond repair?!..... Thanks!

Return to “Say Hi”