Hello To All!

Tell us about yourself. Post about yourself, your collection, builds or what you hope to collect, build.
astatickiss
Centurion

Hello To All!

Post by astatickiss » Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:45 pm

My name is Chris, and am new to this site. Have been reading the topics, and replies put forth, and the community here, seems very friendly, and out-going......... I am working on a "battle-damaged" Cylon Centurion 1:1 scale, and it is coming along on the slow side, but no-matter, it is a labor of love, and like having the chance to consistantly modify, retouch, and upgrade the piece. I moved to Florida, recently, and as of yet, have not made any friends in the sci-fi community here, and would like the opportunity to interact with others who love "Galactica", "V", "Trek", "Apes", "HellBoy", "Buch Rogers", and others......... Will post a few pics of what I have currently, and any advice on changes/upgrades, and/or general ideas will/would be greatly appreciated.... Looking forward to forging new friendships with those here, and continued success to all of you on your respective projects, and endeavors!..........Chris

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Re: Hello To All!

Post by Cylon-Knight » Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:44 am

Hello Chris, and welcome!

Looking forward to seeing your Centurion and other projects as well. I can only think of one, maybe two Cylons in Florida. You can always move to Missouri, so I can have a local like minded Cylon! - lol

The summer sun will shine nice on even battle damaged armor in FL! :)

Post often and enjoy the site.
:byyourcommand:
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

astatickiss
Centurion

Post by astatickiss » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:23 pm

Thank you- Cylon-Knight!..... Your kindness is not only well-received, but very much sincerely appreciated!... I only have a few pics at the moment, but here is where I am at "build-wise" so far?!......
Attachments
Picture 018.jpg
Picture 017.jpg
Picture 015.jpg

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:57 am

Looks great astatickiss! Thanks for sharing the photos.

I love the Cylon Logos on the neck and arm. Awesome touch.
The handle on your sword is also very interesting - from what I can see it has a very cool unique design.

Unique right arm armor too... what does the toggle switch do? :shock: :twisted: :erk: :cylon:

P.S. Killer collection in the background! Maybe photos of some of your items could be donated to our Gallery? *HINT* ;)http://www.byyourcommand.net/cylongallery

astatickiss
Centurion

Post by astatickiss » Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:11 pm

Hey- Hey, Cylon-Knight! A humble "thank you" for your kind words!.... I am in the process of "distressing" the armor to give it that "battle-damaged/scarred" look. I have some auto "scratch, and gunshot stickers, I plan on strategically placing on the armor to give him a more weathered, and rough look. The whole unit is outfitted with electronics! It has the "sweeping eye", the "laser arm cannon", and I have a "Vocoder" unit with it, with a built-in microphone inside the helmet, so it not has the "warble sounds", but one can actually speak in "Cylon" in REAL TIME! I have no intention of "Trooping, or using this as a cosplay, but all this gadgetry was already inside the piece, when I purchased him! I have removed the "Vocoder" unit, (which was mounted by velcro inside the backpack, as it was very heavy. (See pic)... I realize the gloves are a very poor excuse for gloves, but do intend on procurring a pair of "Cooper/Armadillo" gloves as the project moves forward.
Thanks again, for the nice comments! They make me feel like I'm on the right path!
P.S. Also included is a pic of a stencil of a rifle, I am going to make in my workshop. I purchased the wood today, and will try to fabricate a good fascimile of the rifle the best I can? Hope it comes out well?..... Oh well? You don't know till you try- right?! Hope your holiday was a nice one!...... Chris
Attachments
Picture 002.jpg
Picture 008.jpg
Picture 004.jpg

astatickiss
Centurion

Post by astatickiss » Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:55 pm

Thank you- again! Here are a few pics of some of the other items in my office......
Attachments
Picture 008.jpg
Picture 004.jpg
Picture 011.jpg
Picture 019.jpg
Picture 782.jpg

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:00 pm

:shock: OH MY WOW!
I see your computer in your office, but I don't see how you can get any work done surrounded by so much AWESOME! Wow. If you ever think of selling some of those treasures don't forget your old pal Cylon-Knight. I mean, geewhiz, we've known each other for almost two ENTIRE days! lol :roll:
Your collection is "Cylon-Knight mind approved!" :D

Your Centurion is packing some hardware. Nice! Does the vocorder sound close to "Cylon-ish?" Is it powered by an outlet (cord) or by batteries?

The gloves are not 1:1, no, but they are a very creative emulation of them. The PVC ribbing used on the elbows echoed on the glove cuff in silver is a nice touch.

Yes, you're on the right path to improve an already great Centurion display. Can't wait to see your rifle build. Are you planning to have lights/sounds in it? Will the Centurion hold it, or willit be mounted on the wall near him or something?

The Vampirella is very nice, and the other horror items... If I mentioned "Sirens of Cinema" ... Do you know off hand what that is? (No googling it!)

astatickiss
Centurion

Post by astatickiss » Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:07 am

Thank you- my friend! As time marches on, I hope to get more items that are closer (if not totally) "screen-accurate" In the meantime, I build-up as far as my finances will allow, and upgrade when I can?! At least I have a platform to work-off of?.... Yes- the Vocoder is spot-on. The voice is a perfect simulation of a "Cylon", and it is powered by battery pack. There is also an MP3 player which was removed, but will be placed back after modifications to the mannequin have been made. This has all the sound effects that one needs. The internal mike will not be used being displayed on a mannequin, but I may run a second one to the piece, so one can talk in "Cylon-speak", outside of the helmet. I have altered the belt in the back to accomodate the Vocoder, (which was previousely inside the backpack). I have yet to mount it- but as of now only have some bubble-wrap stuffed against the body to keep the battery belt in place against the body. (Will send pics soon, to show you what I am referring too)..... No- I don't have any idea who the "sirens" may be, but am interested in knowing?..... No- at this time, I am solely going to concentrate on the rifle-build, itself. Since it will be my first attempt, it probably won't come out as nicely as I have envisioned in my mind. I'll learn through trial & error. So no electronics...... When I get my "Cooper/Armadillo" hockey gloves, I am debating whether to just place a piece of reflective tape on the wrist-cuffs, or place those ribbing accents back on them? I don't know. I'll have to a determination, after they have been fitted? I've seen pics where the gloves are black at the cuffs, and ones where they are metallic at the cuffs, so I will have to see what works best?..... Sticklers for "screen-accurate" outfits may even disagree, but I am happy with what I have. If/when I can upgrade, I will always try to make my projects better, and as close to accurate as possible, but I learn to be patient, and happy with what I have at the time, and what circumstances will allow me?!
Thank you again for the kind words!....... I'm glad to have made a good friend, here, and so soon!

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:52 pm

Looking forward to seeing the build as time goes on. And how your rifle turns out. Please share more photos when you take them :)
Either way you do the gloves, I think they will look great.

Oh WOW? the vocorder is battery powered??? Please give more details on that!!! Maybe a sound clip?

Sirens of Cinema is a magazine I did Art Direction for. It was all about Horror movies, with a focus on the Female leads in more of the classic and "B" movies (like Vampirella) Vs. mainstream films. I wondered if you had heard about it being a fan of that genera.

I too am glad to have another like-minded Cylon friend, yes!

rustycylon
Squadron Leader

Post by rustycylon » Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:23 pm

cool cylon. I like the ribbing on the elbows. Battle damaged cylons are the best :cylon:
your cylon reminds me of the BOG cylons.
I also like your classic V costume.

astatickiss
Centurion

Post by astatickiss » Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:13 am

Thank you- rustycylon!.... Pleased to meet you! :salute:
Your compliments are greatly appreciated!

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:55 am

A very cool build, and a awesome room. I thought the lady in red was real at first glance. Great work.

astatickiss
Centurion

Post by astatickiss » Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:39 pm

Thank you- GoldCylon! Kudos to you on an incredibly impressive site! You've gone above & beyond (literally) to make this site top-notch!....... Thank you for the great words! (I haven't forgotten about your reply about the boots. I have them, and just haven't had a chance to post them, as of yet). :salute:

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:57 pm

Give credit to the admins that have taken over running this page John, and Jorge. They have done awesome work the past 2-5 years. They both came on at different time. Thank all of you. :loveit:

astatickiss
Centurion

Post by astatickiss » Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:42 am

Then a fantastic- "Job Well-Done!", going out to John, and Jorge!!!!. Superb work- guys!

Return to “Say Hi”