Hello To All!

Tell us about yourself. Post about yourself, your collection, builds or what you hope to collect, build.
rustycylon
Squadron Leader

Re: Hello To All!

Post by rustycylon » Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:16 am

I cant remember exactly but the small dents were easy to make. That big long dent was very hard and I had to smooth it out after with a smear of filler. Its probably best to stick to the small round dents made with a dome headed bolt. also practicing on a piece of scrap plastic first.

astatickiss
Centurion

Post by astatickiss » Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:27 am

Gotcha!.... Makes sense to me. If I can muster-up the nerve- I'll give it a try!...... Thanks!

astatickiss
Centurion

Post by astatickiss » Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:06 pm

Just cut, and sanded a few Cylon rifles. Made a few thinner streamlined ones, and several with the more accurate thickness. Now I am looking for the nozzle/muzzle pieces that I can add. Also looking for what I can make/shape/fashion in the way of the bayonette accessories. Any help on what/where I can find some good likenesses of these items that I may be able to fasten to the rifles to finish them off, would be greatly appreciated. Another item is the machinery/metallic/components piece that needs to be applied to the midsections of the gun, that gives the appearance of the electronics. I went to Lowe's, and looked in the bathroom fittings section, as well as a few dollar stores to see if there were any cheap toys that might contain the tips for the rifles, as well as the other items needed, but have not found anything close so far! Any help would be greatly appreciated?!..... Thank you!
Attachments
Picture 096.jpg
Picture 093.jpg

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:34 pm

OMG :shock: that is a PILE of sweet looking Cylon rifels!

You can find all the info you need on them here:
http://byyourcommand.net/cylongallery/index.php?cat=77
Red Eye has got your back with his excellent work in the gallery.

The sides are originally parts from plastic model kits. Mostly the deck of a battleship. Some of our members sell cast replica panels, nozzels and bayonetts ... But it seems like you'll probably craft your own.

Great work, Centurion!
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

astatickiss
Centurion

Post by astatickiss » Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:00 pm

Thank you- Sir!..... I'll look for loose/opened model kit parts on Ebay, as well as any members here on this site that may be offering anything along those lines!.... (As usual- much appreciated!!!!)

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:28 pm

Are you building a Cylon Army? That no matter what the project is rocks. :IL: :cylongold: :cylon: approved

astatickiss
Centurion

Post by astatickiss » Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:34 am

YAY!!!!!!!....... Well- I purchased a lot of extra wood, going into this- assuming that I was going to make a lot of mistakes, being my home woodworking skills are not the greatest. Though, even with several mishaps, (and the pieces fashioned not totally " screen-accurate")- for my purposes, I am happy with them?! I actually found some fittings at "Lowe's" today, for the laser tips, so as I progress along, I will upload pics...... It's so nice to be a member of a site where it seems most members are NOT "elitist", and if everything is not 100% spot-on and true to the originals, one is made to fee inferior and an outcast. Thank you so much for all the support!

rustycylon
Squadron Leader

Post by rustycylon » Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:29 pm

glad your getting on with your project. I feel similar to you in that 100% accuracy is great but at the end of the day its also about having fun.
So keep up the good work. :cylon:

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:50 pm

You're right astatickiss - ByYourCommand.net is a place for everyone!

We have it all --- absolute elitists, home made, pleasing builds, found items, etc. etc. It's all here!!! :cylongold: :cylon:
Plus our members even have screen used items - up to and including GoldCylon's amazing complete Cylon Centurion costume!

As rustycylon noted, if it's something someone has fun creating - no matter how "accurate" - then ByYourCommand.net is the place to share it. We love to see and learn from all the talented Cylons here... *sigh*... and... Colonials :roll: ;) lol

Now... I can't wait to see the found objects you've collected for your rifle. VERY interested to see what you've come up with.
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

astatickiss
Centurion

Post by astatickiss » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:08 pm

Thank you- guys!

astatickiss
Centurion

Post by astatickiss » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:57 pm

A safe and happy holiday season to all!........

GoldCylon
Founder

Hello To All!

Post by GoldCylon » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:45 pm

You also astatickiss.

Return to “Say Hi”