New Guy from New York

Tell us about yourself. Post about yourself, your collection, builds or what you hope to collect, build.
Finster
Centurion

New Guy from New York

Post by Finster » Wed May 21, 2014 5:43 pm

Hi all,

My name is Brian and I live in New York. I probably don't need to state that I am a fan of sci-fi and BSG. I watched both the original BSG (as a young lad) and the remake and enjoyed them both, although I do like the original better. I'm here because I've been reading through this site for a little while now as a guest and I figured it's about time I register an contribute or at least ask some newb (stupid) questions. What brought me here is that I've been watching a lot of the "Con" coverage videos on Youtube and although I've never gone to one dressed up in a costume it looks like fun. I've always enjoyed Halloween costume parties. I think even more fun for me would be learning about and then utilizing skills needed to make costume/props, like: vacuum forming, casting, fiberglass molds, roto-casting, sculpting, electronics, etc.

My original though was to build some Stormtropper armor, but it seems like everybody and his brother has one already and then I thought, "OOOH Cylon!" and found this place. So my goal is to learn about these different skills and build something with them, interact and have fun with people that have similar interests (Yes, This means YOU!) :wink: I don't have any fixed deadlines, but maybe if I do get something going and a big show is coming up that will change.

Anyway, hope that is a decent enough intro. I look forward to asking a bunch of silly questions and picking everyone's brain...
Brian

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Re: New Guy from New York

Post by Cylon-Knight » Wed May 21, 2014 6:20 pm

Welcome, welcome Brian!
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

thumpermandave
Patrol Member

Post by thumpermandave » Thu May 22, 2014 6:10 am

welcome to the cylon empire

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Thu May 22, 2014 9:27 am

Welcome on board, and you pass the test via finding the typo in the mission statement. :cylongold:

Finster
Centurion

Post by Finster » Thu May 22, 2014 5:26 pm

Oh, a test, eh? Very sneaky, I'm glad I passed. Whew!

Red Eye
Cylon Empire VIP & BYC.net Gallery Admin

Post by Red Eye » Fri May 23, 2014 1:24 pm

Welcome aboard the Basestar!

Post often and enjoy.
"There can be no survivors. So long as one human remains alive the Alliance is threatened."

Return to “Say Hi”