Hello from Bakersfield California...Hot & Dry btw

Tell us about yourself. Post about yourself, your collection, builds or what you hope to collect, build.
Bak Calif
Citizen

Hello from Bakersfield California...Hot & Dry btw

Post by Bak Calif » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:10 pm

HI, from Bakersfield California, I posted a little bit ago in the 1978 Original Series Section. I am a lifelong Galactica fan, 42 years old now, having grown up on the show as a kid, and loved up, collected the trading cards, had the toys, devastated when they cancelled the show, couldn't stand the 1980 Galactica aside from the Starbuck episode which was one of the best episodes including the original TV series. That being said, got back into it, looking at some of the neat items on the websites, and started collecting some of the toys, figures I had as a kid, so have a decent size collection now, will try to throw a pic up down the road here, but that's a general idea about myself. I'm a P.E. teacher at the Jr. High level and a varsity high school basketball coach just retired after 19 years, so on summer break and found this website, so here I am. Will try to be somewhat active, can't guarantee all the time or anything especially once school starts, but will be on here in spurts.

GoldCylon
Founder

Re: Hello from Bakersfield California...Hot & Dry btw

Post by GoldCylon » Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:12 pm

Welcome on board, and congrats on the retirement as a school teacher. I am sure that took a day or two of your life span, but then hey you regained it back finding your youth passion in Galactica. Yes I agree with the hot and dry part of Bakersfield. I down near there regularly but not the entire way from Sacrament, but close enough to know that the weather, and temp are the same in Visala.

Return to “Say Hi”