Hello from Santa Clarita California

Tell us about yourself. Post about yourself, your collection, builds or what you hope to collect, build.
jclayman99
Raider Commander

Hello from Santa Clarita California

Post by jclayman99 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:51 am

I realized that I never properly introduced myself. My name is Jeff. I am born and raised California. I've been a fan of Galactica and other sci-fi shows alike as long as I can remember. I have a background in Sculpting, mold making, fabrication and special makeup effects. I have worked in film, Television and Themed entertainment. Though I no longer do it professionally I do still enjoy getting out in the shop and tinkering or making a mask or running fiberglass parts. Last year I made a kick @$$ 2 part Fiberglass Destro Mask from Gi Joe for Halloween. Currently I am accumulating all my parts for a cylon, as well as building a screen accurate exact scale wearable Gamorean Guard costume with mechanized head (With 2 Kids it's my long term project). I am so glad that I have found this forum and others who love Galactica as much as I do. Currently i work in Burbank designing Move posters. Its a great career but i miss the shop. It's a good thing I can still build as a hobby. glad to meet you all. if there is anything I can help with as far as materials and mold making please let me know I have a lot of Knowledge and love to share. I'll attach a couple of pics of some current projects.

If "they" say it can't be done, it just means "they" cant do it.
JCLAY

GoldCylon
Founder

Re: Hello from Santa Clarita California

Post by GoldCylon » Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:32 am

Hey Jeff glad to sounded off on your work. I am impressed. Awesome stuff you have going on there, and that chromed head is really jumping out at me. Thanks for sharing.

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:42 am

Too cool! GREAT PICS. Love the guard, it is going to WOW everyone.
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

Hand-Schaub
First Centurion

Post by Hand-Schaub » Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:48 am

Wow - very cool stuff Jeff! Your skills are impressive. With so many valid artisans on this board I am feeling a bit on theshy side of skill. I have a Cobra trooper costume so I really love your mask.

Did you work at one of the prop houses in Santa Clarita? I used to work with my father down in LA and we stayed in the Acton area. I love that area because it is basically the roadway for every Universal show from the 70s on. Soledad canyon road is where the film "Duel" was filmed and the little town of Acton had an "A-Team" episode filmed there. Not to mention Vasquez rocks...what hasn't been filmed there?

Anyways - you'll find good help here as far as Cylons are concerned!

welcome

jclayman99
Raider Commander

Post by jclayman99 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:35 am

Hand-Schaub wrote:Wow - very cool stuff Jeff! Your skills are impressive. With so many valid artisans on this board I am feeling a bit on theshy side of skill. I have a Cobra trooper costume so I really love your mask.

Did you work at one of the prop houses in Santa Clarita? I used to work with my father down in LA and we stayed in the Acton area. I love that area because it is basically the roadway for every Universal show from the 70s on. Soledad canyon road is where the film "Duel" was filmed and the little town of Acton had an "A-Team" episode filmed there. Not to mention Vasquez rocks...what hasn't been filmed there?

Anyways - you'll find good help here as far as Cylons are concerned!

welcome
I have worked all over the place here in So-Cal including here in santa clarita. Yes there are and have been a lot of shows filmed here including Dukes, chips, CSI, JAG, Knight rider, and Galactica 1980, and so many more. its a great place to live.
JCLAY

Big Al
Command Centurion

Post by Big Al » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:31 pm

:cylon: Welcome Jeff your bio is awsome! what a fun job! and the one you have now !
The pics are incredible!

Glad you are here.

:byyourcommand: Big Al\\
By Your Command

jclayman99
Raider Commander

Post by jclayman99 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:21 am

Thanks, glad to be here.
JCLAY

Return to “Say Hi”