Hello From London

Tell us about yourself. Post about yourself, your collection, builds or what you hope to collect, build.
ross0379
Citizen

Hello From London

Post by ross0379 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:22 am

Hi, just joined the site.

I live in London UK since birth, 32 years old and been a Battlestar fan since childhood. The original Cylons to me have always been a bit special and having just recently finished watching the Galactica series re-make, it's spurned me on to a new hobby.

Have just purchased my first Cylon Helmet cast from Ebay last week for around 120 us dollars. This is a complete cast, not the two half shells you see many times, so I'm hoping the full quality will be maintained.

My girlfriends brother is a model cast builder by trade, so I'm going to ask him make a few copies of this so I can produce (maybe 4 to start with :o) ) over the nexy year. This is going to be my home project for the next few months, my girlfriend, bless her, thinks I'm completely insane but hey, whatever makes me happy.

I plan to just build the helmet complete with Cylon Red Eye and motion sensitive speech which I've seen a few examples of on YouTube.

I will keep you up to date on how this develops over the next few months. I'm completely new to this I've no previous model building experience so I'm under no illusion how difficult it will be but I'm certainly up for it.

GoldCylon
Founder

Re: Hello From London

Post by GoldCylon » Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:17 am

Welcome on board, and the two piece helmet is a learning curve. Do you plan on chrome plating it, or just spray paint. Thanks for signing up, and show us a few photos. :cylongold:

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Re: Hello From London

Post by Cylon-Knight » Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:35 am

ross0379 - welcome to the site! Post often and enjoy. Looking forward to seeing your build, post up some pics and keep us posted on how it is going.
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

Return to “Say Hi”