Greetingz from San Diego

Tell us about yourself. Post about yourself, your collection, builds or what you hope to collect, build.
Huttman
Patrol Leader

Greetingz from San Diego

Post by Huttman » Tue May 24, 2011 9:36 pm

Hello my name is Felixx and I grew up with BSG along with some of the other scifi greats. BSG however along with star wars have had an attraction to me. Im looking to build my own set of armor, I have been browsing the threads a lot. I have enjoyed watching the progress of skullbeast and his set.

Im not sure if there is anyone else in SD who is in armor but if you are, give a shout. Every year at Comicon you can catch me glaring over at the walking chrome toasters in armor of my own (not cylon) wondering if I should go ahead with the commitment to build my own.

Im pretty excited for im a dry sponge looking to saturate it with info :)

I guess the only real question that I would ask here is, how do you see? I have seen a friends set of armor at CC but never thought to look at his bucket. After reading the threads and seeing the images, im not seeing anything in regards to, well, seeing. I did see a bucket with holes drilled in the front, but to me your defacing the helmet that way. especially after spending so much on the chrome.

cheers!

-At what age should you tell a highway that it is adopted?

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Re: Greetingz from San Diego

Post by Cylon-Knight » Tue May 24, 2011 9:42 pm

Huttman, welcome! Post often and enjoy the site.

Sight from a Cylon helmet is VERY poor. It is a good idea to have a helper along with you when in full dress.
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Tue May 24, 2011 10:06 pm

Hey Huttman welcome. Yeah the vision of a Cylon is like 3 blind mice. Not a lot you can do except have a warrior guide dog, or make some minor changes that will help a tiny bit. The biggest help is no eye scanner, and you see pretty darn OK, 2nd instead of trying to see what is ahead of you keep more of a focus on what is in front of your feet. Keep the helmet looking straight ahead, and then look with your eyes near your feet. The jaw line flair out section you can also open up. so you can see your feet real easy. Wider salt and pepper holes, but then they stand out. Someone was talking at one time have a spy like camera with small video screen in front of each eye. Pricey but it might work.

Huttman
Patrol Leader

Post by Huttman » Wed May 25, 2011 2:19 am

How did the guys on the show manage? Maybe that explains why they didnt move so fast, lol

btw, Im not sure if you know a guy by the name of Harry who lives in the bay area. Him and I have run into each other a few times. His suit was from Kropcircle. Anyway, I had a chance to buy a full set of armor already done and ready to go, but I prefer to build my own being that im a builder. Im a 501st member with a few costumes under my belt and I enjoy molding and putting my rotocaster to work :)

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Wed May 25, 2011 9:43 am

Very cool. Looking forward to your build. Post up some of your 501st pics of you have any. We'd be happy to see them too.

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Wed May 25, 2011 9:57 am

Yeah I have met Harry, and he is a member here, but I don't recall his user name. I don't think he has logged on, or at least sounded off in years. There are a few guys from San Fran that are members here. As for the actors the earlier episodes they fell down a lot, and as the show progressed the vision became better, and less falling took place.

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Fri May 27, 2011 9:58 am

Happy Birthday, Huttman!!!

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Fri May 27, 2011 10:06 am

Cylon-Knight wrote:Happy Birthday, Huttman!!!
DITTO!!!

Huttman
Patrol Leader

Post by Huttman » Fri May 27, 2011 2:10 pm

Holy Moly! thanks Guys!
Very cool. Looking forward to your build. Post up some of your 501st pics of you have any. We'd be happy to see them too.
I have been in the 501st for about 4 years now. These are some of the costumes I have built, (some not for me)

this is my commander Colt, from the animated series. Its my most recent. I was the first colt done :)

This is My vader,

My shock Helmet I painted

501st clone armor I built and painted:

I have also become a bit of an arms dealer with my blasters (DC-15S) from the animated series. I rotocast the hand and barrel then assemble and paint them. (i was looking for rifle and blaster refs for the cylon too;) )

I really enjoy working with armor and paint. I hope that there will be a day I can contribute to this club as well :)

sorry if I put up too many images :P

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Fri May 27, 2011 2:22 pm

Amazing talent work you have the ability with plastic, and paint. No worries about the images posted. I am currently using about 5% of my total storage space. Post away an much as you wish. I think there is a limit 10 per posting.

Huttman
Patrol Leader

Post by Huttman » Fri May 27, 2011 3:03 pm

well these are links not attachments :) Thank you for the kudos.

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Sat May 28, 2011 2:13 pm

Love the pics Huttman. WOW you do great work. Post up all the pics you want, love to see and learn from others. And we evil Cylons welcome all kinds... Star Wars, Halo, etc. post em up.

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Sat May 28, 2011 2:35 pm

Oh there are pics of the rifle and pistol on the BYC.net Gallery. Check it out - link on the forum home page. I just reworked the G1980 section and no one noticed... cries LOL

Hand-Schaub
First Centurion

Post by Hand-Schaub » Sat May 28, 2011 5:17 pm

Welcome! I remember seeing you guys at the 501st shoot. I was impressed with the animated suits - I dont follow the shows but I really liked the mending of cartoon and reality you had. The construction and skill on the suits were great! I

I was the Snowtrooper at the shoot (the taller and dirtier one)

Huttman
Patrol Leader

Post by Huttman » Sat May 28, 2011 8:40 pm

Hand-Schaub wrote:Welcome! I remember seeing you guys at the 501st shoot. I was impressed with the animated suits - I dont follow the shows but I really liked the mending of cartoon and reality you had. The construction and skill on the suits were great! I

I was the Snowtrooper at the shoot (the taller and dirtier one)
I think i actually remember you! That street corner was crazy!

Return to “Say Hi”