Hello from Newnan, Ga.

Tell us about yourself. Post about yourself, your collection, builds or what you hope to collect, build.
IamBamm
Spare Parts

Hello from Newnan, Ga.

Post by IamBamm » Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:22 pm

I am Bamm. I have been propbuilding for most of my adult life. Recently had to sell off almost ALL of the goodstuff to supplement payment of health insurance. Had back pain one day, went to the E.R. and the next thing you know, they tell me I have kidney cancer and removed my right kidney. I bounced back but have a severe case of ''cabin fever". Im seriously ready to get back in my shop and get it in gear!! I still have a coupla months off to recover. The first few weeks after surgery were almost totally occupied by thoughts of my next PROJECT. So, I located a TOS Colonial Viper helmet "KIT". I have never posted photos on a forum, nor have I ever took photos during a build up. I plan on changing this beginning tomorrow (headed to Home Depot for supplies)

I usually have 2 projects goin at one time (while the 1st one is drying and cant do anything w/it, Im working and gluing up on the 2nd). I have noticed the word C.O.R.A. mentioned here quite a bit when talkin about a CYLON HELMET. Is this something I need to look into? I WANT A CYLON HELMET. I prefer to build it myself. ANYONE here that reads this, send me ANY info and/or point me in the right direction to purchase a "quality" helmet. Although Ive seen some great work here, there are obvious differences in the "look" of the finished helmets. Maybe this is due to different casting processes, etc.

Does anyone have a line on a SCREEN ACCURATE CYLON HELMET (kit)??? Please let me know sumpn. THanx.

red6ft7@numail.org

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Re: Hello from Newnan, Ga.

Post by Cylon-Knight » Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:50 pm

IamBamm, welcome!
Wow, you have a story there - glad to hear you are on the mend. I wish you best of health!!!

Cylon helmets, C.O.R.A has a very nice kit. I have one. Here is a link to his "for sale" page. viewtopic.php?f=56&t=894
Yes, the quality of the finished helmet is related to the skill / resources of the builder. It is a kit, and it can look awesome if you put the time/money/effort into it. You know the drill will all your experience.

Post often and enjoy the site!
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

GoldCylon
Founder

Re: Hello from Newnan, Ga.

Post by GoldCylon » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:22 am

Welcome on board, and wow want a story on your health, but sounds like you bounced back well.
As a logged on member to the forum you have access to the Cylon stores, and that is the location you can find some of the things you are looking for to build a Cylon or even just a helmet. There are a few vendors in the stores that have helmets for sale.
Again welcome aboard, and hope all is well, and that you are able to move along in a timely fashion to rebuild your prop collection.

Return to “Say Hi”