Greatings From Down Under

Tell us about yourself. Post about yourself, your collection, builds or what you hope to collect, build.
greatsaje
Citizen

Greatings From Down Under

Post by greatsaje » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:32 am

Morning All,

My name is Steve and i am from sunny Brisbane, Queensland and I am currently attempting to make my armor from a number of papercraft sites, and yes it is fuuunnnn.

I also picked up a mixed batch of 35mm film cells a while ago and found that in that batch were about 128 Galactica cells so I have scanned and framed them up to take to conventions later this year so I have some nice shots in my library that I will try to start uploading now that I have some free space on my ISP.

GoldCylon
Founder

Re: Greatings From Down Under

Post by GoldCylon » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:55 am

Hey Steve welcome on board, and man those helmets look great. Do you have a large melon or was that the 1st run or is it the camera playing tricks on my eyes. I love that cell display. It looks great. So did you scan the cells, and then a reprint of the cells in photo paper, and then post those reprints.
Again welcome on board, and don't take us to serious here we are all just a bunch of fun lovin guy with the need for chrome costumes. :cylongold:

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:02 pm

Welcome Steve! Great project looking forward to seeing more as you continue to work on it.

Post often and enjoy the site.
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

groupleaderzeta
Squadron Leader

Post by groupleaderzeta » Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:24 pm

Welcome aboard. Looking good. What sites did you get them from?

Groupleaderzeta

greatsaje
Citizen

Post by greatsaje » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:45 pm

I got the main parts from

http://www.bazookajo.me.uk/PaperModels/Cylon/Cylon.htm

and yes there are two different sizes of helmets as the smaller one just fits me but for others its too small so I've tryed 102.5% 105% and the large one is 110% to see what is a better overall fit for all at club (Local Trek Club).

As for the cells, i have been scanning them before mounting so ill be posting them soon

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:37 am

Bazooka Joe is the man. Yeah we talked a few years ago about the specs on the helmet, but I wasn't much help on giving him what he needed, but he pulled it off anyway. He has been working on the package, and chest piece also. I am not sure if he was going to do all the suit, but he has a good start so far. By chance do you have photos of the build so we could have a tutor on the build in case others would like to take on that task.

Return to “Say Hi”