Anyone sculpted a new Centurian head yet ?

This is a help forum to build your new series props and costumes.
defstartrooper
Spare Parts

Anyone sculpted a new Centurian head yet ?

Post by defstartrooper » Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:58 pm

As the title says really just wondered if anyone has tackled this would be nice to see don't you think 8)

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:17 am

Since the production crewed released the computer files all the ships and Cylons people with the computer programs, and 3D printers are able to make a 1:1 replica of the ships, and Cylons. I have only seen one full sized Cylon helmet, that wasn't a rubber latex mask. It was just recently sold on eBay. It was sold for over $600.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0148400890

I haven't seen anyones work of a free hand design for a wearable helmet.

defstartrooper
Spare Parts

Post by defstartrooper » Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:03 pm

Wow nice display i'll keep my eyes on the bay for any more that pop up :D

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:07 pm

I was looking at a model builders forum today, and saw someone built a complete Cylon from scratch, but it was only about 10 inches tall. Look real cool.

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:28 pm

Here is a small, and I mean small scratch build Cylon.

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:48 pm

I started a while back the new look to the original Cylon. I circled in red the changes that are most note worthy. I haven't finished this project, because of lack of true knowledge on how to replicate the opposite side. I haven't forgotten about this project, just other more pressing things at the moment.

JtotheP
Centurion

1:1 Cylon Centurion head from new show

Post by JtotheP » Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:02 am

Hey-- I finally made it to the site(or shall I say goldcylon found me).
That was my cylon head that was on eBay last august and it was fun to make!!
I made the plug(original) out of urethane foam that I was able to resin coat right over it without foiling it. I then put a high building sandable polyester primer on and bondoed some of the details. Sanded it and painted it with a high gloss spray paint then made a case mold to save on the amount of silicone to be used.
I then casted the first one out of fiberglass and hade to create an access panel on the bottom of the head for the electronics. The neck is a seperate mold which was poured. It houses the conduit for the wiring.
The base is aluminum for strong support and houses the switch and batteries for the LED and servo motor. Future Heads will have an LED light bar for ease and speed of production. Finally, I put a high gloss automotive finish for a [i]slick-sweet [/i] surface.

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:11 am

JP welcome to the board, and very cool that you came on board to share some of your work with us. Any chance you can cast that helmet so it can be wore as a user end mask? As you can see some of the guys here are looking for a wearable version. I am also seen (some other board) someone bought a latex mask to use as their base to make a plastic wearable helmet. I think you might get a few people here, and else where looking for that helmet. Just a thought to toss out to see if if can be done with the current work you created.

JtotheP
Centurion

Post by JtotheP » Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:06 pm

Hey yeah that's a great idea. I haven't really thought about it since the neck is so skinny and as a suit the waist is skinny as well but there is plenty of room inside the head for a human head. It would be easy to produce. The light might be difficult to figure out but I could send the light bar and painted finished head as a minor kit with some couch foam for proper snug fit. It most certainly would be cheaper than the prop. What do you think?

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:14 pm

Sounds great, can't wait to see the end results.

Return to “New Battlestar Props and Costumes”