Cylon Six Iconic Red Dress Costume

This is a help forum to build your new series props and costumes.
CylonSix
Spare Parts

Cylon Six Iconic Red Dress Costume

Post by CylonSix » Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:32 pm

This is my second attempt at this costume, the first being made of a non stretchy material.

This one is made from the exact shade of one way stretch red material purchased from tissue.com
The dress is matched to a number of screen shots to ensure the seams are in the correct place, the rear fastening at the neck (a jewel) and the centre of the back are correct. An invisible backless, strapless bra is worn which uses 'the power of the force' to stay up........as per the original worn by Tricia. NuBra.

The shoes are matched to propworx archives and a screen shot provided by the ever helpful Sandra at Tricia-helfer.org. Aldo 4 1/2 " cutaway heels which make me 6ft 2 1/2" inches tall, the same height as Tricia Helfer in her shoes. (I am 5ft 10" tall like her). Baltar on here is 6ft tall so that gives you an idea of how tall I am if you look at our pics.

We made the ring and bracelet. The ring is a cut out metal triangle added to a costume jewellery base ring.
The bracelet is made from painted elastic with the metal shapes added. Originally made paper templates for the spikey bits then cut them out of sheet metal. Sanded the edge, added two holes to the centre of each one and sewn onto the painted elastic. The sewing then fillered over and the metal spikey bits given several coats of silver paint then lacquer.

The wig is from wiwigs on ebay, an excellent wig shop parting on the correct side. The only time it is not is when the screen shot negative has been reversed!!! Make up matched to screen shots. Phew think that's everything. Link to flickr pics and my website below:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/59696352@N ... 831253252/
http://bsgcylonsix.wix.com/cylon-six-copy

RavenLX
Raider Pilot

Re: Cylon Six Iconic Red Dress Costume

Post by RavenLX » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:35 pm

You did fantastic work on this! I tried tissue.com and it's not loading. :(

BTW, have you thought of selling those bracelets and ring on Etsy? I love the jewelry.

Thank you for sharing your photos with us (both of you) and information on how you did it. You guys have amazing costumes!

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:09 pm

OK I have to respond to the Toaster photo. I agree, I might be a older model, but I sure in the heck still have my uses. :cylongold:
Matter of fact the Father Creator or how he went by His Immense or Imperious Leader. Glen and me were kickin it at Sony Studios last Thursday.

Now for the rest of the posting. Now that is great you were able to get the details, and the bracelet looks great. I saw one for sale once at a clothing store, but the color was different. I thought I took a picture of with the name of it, but I never recalled seeing it once I arrived home. Anyway great work, and he you Baltar is looking a bit taller. Can't wait to see you, and you side kicks at G3.
Attachments
IMG_6112.JPG

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:10 pm

Amazing work, CylonSix! A perfect eye on detail and it shows, spont on work!
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

CylonSix
Spare Parts

Post by CylonSix » Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:23 pm

Hi Sorry it was www.tissu.co.uk

Exact Fabric Description is:

Red scuba 4 way stretch poly lycra fabric Q792 RD

Just checked the invoice!!!

Hope this helps anyone trying to build this costume!

RavenLX
Raider Pilot

Post by RavenLX » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:20 pm

Thank you for the corrected link. This will be a great help to those in the UK. I think here in the US one can try Fabric.com or Jo-Ann Fabrics.

CylonSix
Spare Parts

Post by CylonSix » Thu May 02, 2013 3:54 pm

RavenLX wrote:Thank you for the corrected link. This will be a great help to those in the UK. I think here in the US one can try Fabric.com or Jo-Ann Fabrics.
If anyone wants help or advice on these costumes just pm me.......we need many copies!!!

Return to “New Battlestar Props and Costumes”