Chroming update

This is a help forum to build your classic series props and costumes.
GoldCylon
Founder

Chroming update

Post by GoldCylon » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:35 pm

I haven't kept contact very well with those that have sent me their personal items to be chromed, but here we go with an update.
The chroming place Vac Met never contacted me about the 1st package that arrived 6 weeks ago. I finally called them, and they said they would call me right back.......that phone call never came. They must be real busy, because this is a very reputable company. Anyway is has given me time to detail out some of the items I am sending, and man I need it. Some of the pieces are taking much longer to prep than i thought. I have been double checking items that I have sent off to the side thinking they were ready to go, and well I am glad I double checked. I needed to hit them a few more times with the sand paper. I thought 400 grit paper would work, but some real hard to see angels have shown 500 grit is needed. I did some of that work today, and took a photo to show the first step on the primer. I know it doesn't look all that hot, but it is the 1st step and I'll spray it again, and then 500 grit sand it again.
Attachments
IMG_0602.JPG

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Re: Chroming update

Post by Cylon-Knight » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:38 pm

Awesome. The three stooges ;) lol

So, you are going to chrome the helmets without the eye insert in place?
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

GoldCylon
Founder

Re: Chroming update

Post by GoldCylon » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:05 pm

Cylon-Knight wrote:Awesome. The three stooges ;) lol

So, you are going to chrome the helmets without the eye insert in place?
You just insert the eye socket after you get it back chromed along with the mouth grill once it has been chromed. Much easier way to detail the helmet out.

Return to “Classic Battlestar Props and Costumes”