Gordon's Baltar helmet (Spcglider)

This is a help forum to build your classic series props and costumes.
GoldCylon
Founder

Gordon's Baltar helmet (Spcglider)

Post by GoldCylon » Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:34 pm

Gordon in my words is a master prop maker, and a true fan of the original Battlestar Galactica. He has painstakingly made many props from just photo research, and now here is a chrome plated version of some of his work. The episode "Living Legend" Baltar thought he would see the final destruction of the Galactica in person. He went with a pair of Cylons in a Raider attack craft to watch the Galactica burn. Well he was wrong, but he did have a Cylon like helmet he did wear, and with the skills of Gordon, we are now able to see a great remake of this fantastic helmet. Gordon, hats off to you my friend.

Galactifan
Flight Leader

Post by Galactifan » Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:54 am

Very nice peices. Did you chrome these for Gordon? If so, what did you use for the chroming process? They look great!

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:54 am

Long story short I was supposed to chrome these myself, using my (Alsa ChromeFX) chroming system, but with personal injuries, and other personal problems I wasn't able to complete the chroming myself, before I closed up the shop, and moved. I was able to get someone else to chrome them for me after they were lost a while. Only one helmet was plated gold, so the others are on the way back to be plated gold. Finished product looks great.

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:06 pm

Galactifan wrote:Very nice peices. Did you chrome these for Gordon? If so, what did you use for the chroming process? They look great!
Since I really didn't answer the question last time, yes these are for Gordon.

goldcylon1
First Centurion

Post by goldcylon1 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:49 pm

GoldCylon wrote:
Galactifan wrote:Very nice peices. Did you chrome these for Gordon? If so, what did you use for the chroming process? They look great!
Since I really didn't answer the question last time, yes these are for Gordon.
I still need to finish my Baltar helmet Dale are you out of the plating business totally?
Goldcylon@cox.net

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:28 pm

The Baltar helmet is sooo cool. But in the context of the show - there was not a Gold one.

Also, in the context of the classic episodes... Baltar would have the only ONE ever made... It is odd they didn't use them for the "human" Cylons in G1980. Would have been a better tie in to the original BSG (and better than the silly hats the human Cylons did wear :wink:)
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:04 am

Cylon-Knight wrote:The Baltar helmet is sooo cool. But in the context of the show - there was not a Gold one.
It is hard to tell in the screen caps, but the Baltar battle helmet is gold, or a bronze color. I have seen nice good clean photos of it with good lighting, not in the dark like in the Cylon cockpit.

Red Eye
Cylon Empire VIP & BYC.net Gallery Admin

Post by Red Eye » Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:12 am

GoldCylon wrote:
Cylon-Knight wrote:The Baltar helmet is sooo cool. But in the context of the show - there was not a Gold one.
It is hard to tell in the screen caps, but the Baltar battle helmet is gold, or a bronze color. I have seen nice good clean photos of it with good lighting, not in the dark like in the Cylon cockpit.
Would you mind sharing these photos with all of us here?

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:19 am

I was looking for the photo, but can't seem to find it. I was also trying to find a good screen cap, but no luck either. Sorry no can do at this time.

Red Eye
Cylon Empire VIP & BYC.net Gallery Admin

Post by Red Eye » Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:21 am

I've made these screen-caps here some time ago...

Image Image Image

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:55 am

Those caps are great. If you look mostly around Baltar's mouth area you can see the gold coloring in the raised ridged areas.

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:56 pm

OH MAN! That's right - I goofed up the color in another thread too - it is gold. BUT, it is still odd that the Cylon's would made a helmet for a human when they are trying to kill them all.... the Imperious Leader must have really been willing to use Baltar until the end of the Galactica, then he would have probably gotten rid of him too.

SO, then the Chrome one at the top of this thread is a fan only item.
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

Return to “Classic Battlestar Props and Costumes”