Bronze AND Gold?

This is a help forum to build your classic series props and costumes.
Flight_Leader
Citizen

Bronze AND Gold?

Post by Flight_Leader » Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:28 pm

Okay, fellow Cylon fans I don't want anyone to think I am trying to start some sort of argument or discension among the group.

However, something has really bothered me that I would like to bring up: Was there both a Gold Cylon and a Bronze Cylon?

Vulpa is considered a Gold Cylon, correct? If so, it is a "dark" gold, not a bright gold like 3PO.

Now if I compare the screencaps (thanks Dale!) from "Ice Planet" and "Living Legend" and "Young Lords" and "Hand of God"....to me all the Command Cylons look like they are the same color - whether that is considered "Gold" or "Bronze".

I also notice that Roger Sides only had one Command Cylon in his collection.
Has anyone seen both a Gold and a Bronze suit??

Opinions?

PS What prompted this is the three guys at CIV. Their gold Cylon looks nothing like the color in the show.

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:05 pm

I don't recall what episode shows a bronze and gold Cylon both in the same clip. It is clear at that point there are two other colors besides the silver.
As for the gold Cylon at CC they just bought that basically off shelf. The color is based off a guess, unless you own original parts (like I do) to get a color match. These places that do color match tinting are never going to get a correct color by looking at a photo.
I do own 3 pieces of the original Vulpa, and those pieces on the Vulpa at the SciFi museum in Seattle are after market pieces, or re chromed originals. Most notably is the chest piece, since Vulpa did a face dive and crushed the chest piece just moments before the big gun on the side of the mountain was blown up on "Gun from Ice Planet Zero"
Take note of the spay painted gold chest piece on Vulpa. A shaker can of gold spray paint was used the night before the display was placed up to complete Vulpa.

Flight_Leader
Citizen

Post by Flight_Leader » Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:25 pm

I know we are all HUGE fans of the show here. :D But honestly, I do not remember any scene with both a "gold" and "bronze" seen.

If there was a scene that would have that, I would guess it to be the Imperious Leader's arrival in "Living Legend". But again, there is only one Command Cylon seen.
There are lots of Cylon civilians in gold robes, but no "gold" Cylon Centurion.

I am not trying to argue with you Dale or anyone else...just trying to point out that there was only a "gold" or "bronze", but not both.

Of course, if I can be proven wrong, I will be more than happy to eat my words!!

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:29 pm

I am not taking it as an argument, just conversation. The story about the bronze Cylon is that was a poor attempt to make a gold Cylon, so they didn't toss it, they just used it as is was. I am not sure if I have a posted screen cap, but I have clearly seen the 3 color Cylons on the same screen at once.

Flight_Leader
Citizen

Post by Flight_Leader » Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:26 pm

Okay, I am glad you understand me! :D It can be difficult to try to "read" what one is attempting to say....and sometimes it can be misinterpreted.
This is exactly as you said - a discussion.

Okay, Centurions, everyone's mission this weekend is to find that scene! :lol:

Vulpa II
Citizen

Post by Vulpa II » Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:16 pm

Hey guys! Look what I found here:

http://www.tapesolutionsinc.com/cfl5ca5137.html

This is for a Copper colored foil tape!

I think we have been using the wrong color terminology. The Command Cylon isn't "gold" or "Bronze" but "Copper"!!! :D

To me, this looks like the same exact color used for Vulpa and the other Command Cylons!!
It would make sense the costumers would use a color that is available in foil tape for any the repairs they would have to make ton the armor.

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:24 pm

To tell you the true, the only difference I can tell is in the name, not much in the color difference to me, unless a side by side photo is used

GoldCylon
Founder

Re: Bronze AND Gold?

Post by GoldCylon » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:20 pm

A little follow up on the bronze, and gold Cylons. I currently have the gold Cylon in my procession, and the bronze guy Vulpa is part of the Sci Fi Museum inventory. Currently I am not sure if Vulpa is on the traveling road show, or on dispaly at the Space needle, but he is there in their control. Now a bit back in regards to who is who. Vulpa by name only was in a single episode "Gun on Ice Planet Zero", but a bronze colored Cylon was on screen also in "The Hand of God" episode. Also the gold colored Cylon was in that episode also. The correct ranking would be low to high silver, gold, and bronze as far as rank in the Cylon world. There are other ranks also but then you begin looking a bit different aka Lucifer, and Spector as IL series, citizen Cylon, and Imperious Leader. No other Cylon designs made it off the drawing board into real costume design on screen.

Vulpa II
Citizen

Post by Vulpa II » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:34 pm

Hi again GC!

I recently saw some pics posted of a Gold Cylon....too many message board memberships and I can't recall which one. However, I don't recall seeing that (light) gold Cylon in any episode.

Ironically, I just watched several episodes on Saturday including "Hand of God".
I do not recall seeing a gold one - just the bronze commander and five or six silver centurions. However, if someone could provide some screencaps I would LOVE to see them and cry "uncle". LOL

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:41 pm

I will need to pull them episode back out and screen cap it, or just say it was a mistake in memory that I saw all three on screen at the same time.

Red Eye
Cylon Empire VIP & BYC.net Gallery Admin

Post by Red Eye » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:05 am

Yes, please try to find that episode so that we can solve this mystery once and for all...

I can't remember of anything like it, but maybe I'd be wrong...
"There can be no survivors. So long as one human remains alive the Alliance is threatened."

goldcylon1
First Centurion

Post by goldcylon1 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:16 pm

GoldCylon wrote:I will need to pull them episode back out and screen cap it, or just say it was a mistake in memory that I saw all three on screen at the same time.
Living Legend when the large group was together to great the IL at Gamoray? Large population of Cylons there was not both seen there?
Goldcylon@cox.net

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:23 pm

goldcylon1 wrote:
GoldCylon wrote:I will need to pull them episode back out and screen cap it, or just say it was a mistake in memory that I saw all three on screen at the same time.
Living Legend when the large group was together to great the IL at Gamoray? Large population of Cylons there was not both seen there?
Yes I think so, but I haven't been able to find the screen cap of it yet, but I haven't really been trying to much, but time to get to it.

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:24 pm

GoldCylon wrote:
goldcylon1 wrote:
Yes I think so, but I haven't been able to find the screen cap of it yet, but I haven't really been trying to much, but time to get to it.
Okay, Cylons!
The answer is no. There is no Gold and Bronze Centurions on screen together in The Living Legend Part II...
I have loaded up my classic DVD, taken caps to do the research. Below are my notes the times/plot points.
ENJOY!

Baltar notes, there are Command Centurions on Gamory.
Time index: 13:05
"Somehow I find the idea of some Base Commander on Gamoray taking credit for destroying the Galactica slightly annoying."

Time index: 14:38-14:59
Starts panning to Command Centurion announcing the Imperious Leader has landed at the Air Dome. You can see 5 chrome Centurions in the pan.

Below: Note the Centurion to the far right. His arms are down.

Commander enters. And makes the announcement.
Note the Centurion to his right - holding a rifle. So, there are two Centurions flanking the door he came out of.

Time index:15:50-16:06
Command Centurion introduces the Imperious Leader
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

Red Eye
Cylon Empire VIP & BYC.net Gallery Admin

Post by Red Eye » Sat May 01, 2010 1:46 am

Wow! Great investigation work you've done there...

I also think that is the needed proof to end the discussion about the different colored Command Centurions (gold, bronze, copper).
"There can be no survivors. So long as one human remains alive the Alliance is threatened."

Return to “Classic Battlestar Props and Costumes”