Colonial Uniform Updated Supply List

This is a help forum to build your classic series props and costumes.
Lightning
Spare Parts

Colonial Uniform Updated Supply List

Post by Lightning » Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:12 am

Greetings, Centurions!

Here is a copy of the new supply list for pre-made Colonial Uniforms. (Revised 2015) with links, and grading in place.
Copied from Blackstar Squadron, where I am Supply Officer, thought I'd share with our Centurion foes. :evillaugh:
Copy and paste links.
:patch:

Stand alert! Revised and updated list, Fall/Winter 2015 edition.

This is an updated resource list for the Warrior uniform, merchants are graded on overall quality and reliability, organized by letter grade as follows;

A = Screen accurate, the best available. Merchant is extremely reliable.
B = Well made, with some inaccuracies. Merchant is reliable, some issues have been reported.
C* = Recognizable, but highly inaccurate (Budget Costume) Merchant is somewhat reliable.
* May be subject to limited membership within the club.
D = Extremely cheaply made, not recommended. Unacceptable within Squadron Guidelines.
F = Are you kidding? A real Warrior wouldn't be caught dead wearing one of these.

Any uniform rated below C will not be accepted for membership.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

battlestargalactica.org/ B+, A-

For Warrior Tans only, includes, tunic, pants, patch, pins, belt. $299.95
For Warrior Jacket only, includes, patch and pins. $249.95
For both Tans and Jacket. $495.95

Pros: Good quality, accurate. Usually ships within seven business days of ordering. Jacket is lined and contains two inner pockets. No wait on standard rack sizes. Plus sizes available.
Cons: Rack sizes only, complaints of ill-fitting collars, Jacket color is reddish, and hangs loosely. Minor tailoring is usually needed. Long waits for completion have been reported.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
magnoliclothiers.com A, A+

Jacket only. $750.00

Pros: Constructed of leather, highly accurate, fully lined, color accurate.
Cons: Sleeves tend to be tight, adding an inch to sleeves and chest is recommended when ordering.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Apollo2 ebay.com/usr/sunbird191 A, A+

For Tans, tailor made, price varies.
For Jacket, tailor made, price varies.
Custom pieces, Cape, Cain Jacket, tailor made, price varies.

Pros: Highly accurate, color accurate, tailor made, ships fast.
Cons: Ships from Canada.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Katerra8.com now ebay.com/usr/katarra8 B-

For Tans set, $249.99
For Tunic only, $169.99
For Pants only, $99.99
For Jacket only, $249.99
For set of Tans and Jacket, $495.99

Pros: Screen accurate, same patterns are used by battlestargalactica.org
Cons: Long waits, inaccurate colors in recent years, complaints of months and years of waiting for the finished product, complaints of not fulfilling orders, complaints of unanswered emails concerning products. Buyer beware, she makes good costumes, but has poor business practices.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
fantasytroopers.blogspot.com/2007/06/bsg-colonial-warrior.html C

Set of Tans and Jacket, $200

Pros: Recognizable, reasonably accurate, budget costume, can be modified for greater accuracy.
Cons: Incorrect fabric is used, incorrect trim is used.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
skycostume.com C

Set of Tans and Jacket, $120

Pros: Recognizable, reasonably accurate, budget costume, can be modified for greater accuracy.
Cons: Incorrect fabric is used, incorrect trim is used, non-cannon buckles used on Jacket. Buckles must be changed for Jacket to be approved, Tans may still be approved.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Please note that Shadowdale Creations has been removed from this list, it is a known dummy company of Star Fortress Productions, and has a poor business reputation and are known re-casters in the prop department.

Please address any questions or concerns by replying to this thread.

Every creature in the universe is out to exterminate us, and you want to hire a vocal group? :grin:

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Re: Colonial Uniform Updated Supply List

Post by Cylon-Knight » Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:18 pm

Great stuff! Love the grading system.
Thanks for sharing it with us Tin Cans, Lightning. :)
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:42 pm

Outstanding. Thanks
Image :cylongold: :cylongold: :cylongold:

137th Gebirg
Flight Leader

Post by 137th Gebirg » Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:36 am

The magnoliclothiers.com one looks like it's on sale right now for $650. Looks really nice, too. Wish I had the spare cash lying around. :(
I may appear unoccupied to you, but at the molecular level, I'm really quite busy.

drjohn
Spare Parts

Post by drjohn » Tue May 17, 2022 7:53 pm

So sorry to bother anyone, if this information has been newly posted. I am a new member to By Your Command, and I am seeking information where I can purchase a tan shirt from BSG TOS. If I cannot purchase a tan shirt, could I borrow or purchase the pattern from someone. Thank you to all of you for your kindness to me.

Jmvgreek1
Patrol Leader

Post by Jmvgreek1 » Tue May 24, 2022 1:09 am

the list is a little outdated there is a guy on etsy.com that has a shop called Galacticcostume that has been making the tan outfit for years he charges over $450 for an outfit and ships from Canada the owner of the shop is Stephane Dorion as for the pattern for the warrior tan shirt just send an email to vogthome@fuse.net and i will be glad to send a copy of the pattern.

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Tue May 24, 2022 7:54 am

Thanks for the update.

Return to “Classic Battlestar Props and Costumes”