The Galactica back on the big screen (well maybe)

This is a help forum to build your classic series props and costumes.
GoldCylon
Founder

The Galactica back on the big screen (well maybe)

Post by GoldCylon » Mon May 26, 2014 12:05 pm

I have been working about 6 weeks putting together a team of professionals that I started just before the announcement of the new Battlestar movie by Glen Larson, and Universal Studios. The project did change just a bit after the announcement, but we are on track. The Galactica, Baseship, Vipers, Raiders, Shuttle Craft, Cylon Tanker, Colonial Movers, Livery (Mineral), Flat Top, and a few others (all screen used originals) are heading into a studio to be filmed. The filming will be done in todays standards in High Definition, and high speed motion control arms. The film footage will be made into a demo using the film footage, and some Computer Graphic Imagery (CGI or CG for short) crossover work. This demo will be shown to Glen Larson, and Universal Studios to show them 37 year old models still have what it takes to go back on the big screen. The studio time isn't cheap is the downside. A weekend rate is $10,000. :sad: , but in order to get the attention of those that make these choice you have to present something that is more than talk. I have spoken with several people at Glen Larson house. He can't via the contract he has with Universal talk directly with me. Enough interest was shown that I was referred to Glen's attorney of the Battlestar film project. Speaking with her she said this is something she can pass on to Glen, and to Universal. I would expect some type of contact from them in the next few weeks. Anyway as mentioned the cost of the studio is a set back till we decided to do a fundraiser. The project launched last night and will run for 63 days. The goal on the fundraiser is higher than what we need for the studio, but we also have other expenses. Check out the rewards program, and donate what you can if you feel this is a worthy project.
Thanks in advanced. Also PayPal can be made directly to me since RocketHub does not take that form of payment.
http://www.rockethub.com/projects/43857 ... -demo-reel

Red Eye
Cylon Empire VIP & BYC.net Gallery Admin

Re: The Galactica back on the big screen (well maybe)

Post by Red Eye » Mon May 26, 2014 12:33 pm

Good luck with it!

Hope we would be able to see the original Big G flying again in HD! :wtf:
"There can be no survivors. So long as one human remains alive the Alliance is threatened."

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Mon May 26, 2014 12:51 pm

On the facebook pagehttps://www.facebook.com/groups/GalacticaModels/ we have over 2145 members. If each member dropped $10 we would have more than enough to do extra stuff. Thank You :salute:

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Mon May 26, 2014 9:03 pm

:byyourcommand:
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

137th Gebirg
Flight Leader

Post by 137th Gebirg » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:27 pm

Out of curiosity, does anyone know if there's been any motion on this, or is it still locked in legal hell over the Larson/Universal litigation?
I may appear unoccupied to you, but at the molecular level, I'm really quite busy.

137th Gebirg
Flight Leader

Post by 137th Gebirg » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:00 am

Update: Someone over at Colonial Fleets pointed this link out - an apparent line-up of events from last week's Comic-Con. In particular:[quote]Thursday July 24:
The Legacy and Return of
I may appear unoccupied to you, but at the molecular level, I'm really quite busy.

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:13 pm

I didn't go but I am close to the subject at hand. At the moment nothing is happening. It is a stand off blind first moment event. Mostly legal stuff.
Image :cylongold: :cylongold: :cylongold:

Proteus
Centurion

Post by Proteus » Sun May 24, 2015 12:07 am

:byyourcommand:
"Speak."

The entire situation calls out for a protest.
With Glen Larson dead, has his protector/opposer any interest in continuing the tribunal?
And what are the motives of the opposer/protector for Universal?
"We thank you for your help."

Return to “Classic Battlestar Props and Costumes”