Kropserkel 2010 suit has arrived.

This is a help forum to build your classic series props and costumes.
Michael from Canada
Centurion

Kropserkel 2010 suit has arrived.

Post by Michael from Canada » Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:48 pm

Scott Maple showed up today to hand deliver my Cylon suit. I think it looks great but I must remember to pull my belt up next time. Love the two piece undersuit. Just need to take it to my seamstress for a little tweaking. Everything fits well and I am very happy with it. So today our ranks have increased by one!
Attachments
Cylon Canada.JPG
Last edited by Michael from Canada on Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Michael from Canada
Centurion

Re: Kropserkel 2010 suit has arrived.

Post by Michael from Canada » Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:50 pm

Too bad it came too late to impress this guy last month.
Attachments
Dean Stockwell.JPG

Michael from Canada
Centurion

Post by Michael from Canada » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:25 pm

More pictures including undersuit.
Attachments
027.JPG
026.JPG
024.JPG

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:28 pm

NICE! looking good Michael from Canada.

Batman Cylon - love it.
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

Michael from Canada
Centurion

Post by Michael from Canada » Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:37 pm

Thank you kindly. If anyone notices that I do not have the silver band around the hockey gloves, it's because my arms were so short I could not get the gloves on with the forearm attatchments on, so Scott used an exacto-knife to cut them off making the gloves short enough for them to fit me.

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:45 pm

Knock it out, Scott brought the suit to you. That is awesome that he did that. The suit is looking great.
Hey did anyone else notice that Dean Stockwell only had Quantum Leap photos on the table.

trooper18938
Patrol Leader

Post by trooper18938 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:09 pm

Great Suit!!! And Yes, Dean has to get with the times - who but the older gen remember Quantam Leap? .... get those cylon photos out... he must also be feeling the economic times and looking to unload old merchandise he already has $$ invested in ......

Michael from Canada
Centurion

Post by Michael from Canada » Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:22 pm

In Dean's defense, one of those Quantum Leap photos was the one he signed for me, and it was placed in a pile that covered a Battlestar photo when I took the picture. His selection not in camera also included his Dune and Enterprise appearances. Also it was nice that he let you take a picture of him. Adam West had staff standing in your way to prevent photos. Dean was very nice and actually expressed regret when I told him it was my hope to be there in all my Cylon glory. Definately one of your better convention guests.

Red Eye
Cylon Empire VIP & BYC.net Gallery Admin
It’s my birthday

Post by Red Eye » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:29 pm

Nice to know Scott updated the undersuit. It was about time he did something to it.

Have fun with your new costume!

Do you have any plans to update it by yourself a bit?
"There can be no survivors. So long as one human remains alive the Alliance is threatened."

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:24 pm

Michael from Canada wrote:Thank you kindly. If anyone notices that I do not have the silver band around the hockey gloves, it's because my arms were so short I could not get the gloves on with the forearm attatchments on, so Scott used an exacto-knife to cut them off making the gloves short enough for them to fit me.
How tall are you? Seems to fit fine from the pics... odd the gloves needed the mod. Could be that the modern day gloves are the issue. Their cuffs may be thicker than the original coopers.

Michael from Canada
Centurion

Post by Michael from Canada » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:33 pm

I'm 5'7" and found that with the cuffs I could only get the gloves on about halfway. The cuffs did seem very wide so it was probably the design of the glove. Fits great now without them. I kept the cuffs in case I want to attempt any modification later. Right now I just need to adjust a few things on the undersuit. I plan to add suspenders to the pants to keep them from riding down when I walk, and I want to adjust the sleeves. If you take a look at the undersuit picture you'll notice the piping on the sleeve is just a little lower than it should be. I also plan to adjust the velcro on the neck down a bit to pull up the piping and make it more visible on the neck.

So as I said just a few minor modifications with the seamstress and I'll be ready to go. One thing I did notice: The scabbard hangs perfectly when the sword is removed, but once I put the sword in, the weight of the hilt bends it to a horizontal position. I'm considering altering one of the straps to solve this problem. Anyone else ever have this problem, and how did you fix it?

Mr Fett
Phalanx Leader

Post by Mr Fett » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:29 pm

It's unfortunate that after all the years they've been making those suits, they still haven't added the band around the inside of the boot armor.

Michael from Canada
Centurion

Post by Michael from Canada » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:12 pm

With all due respect Mr. Fett, when I posed with this suit today in my front yard to show it to my neighbour there were cars passing by that braked to a halt and backed up with kids hanging out the passenger side cheering. THEY knew it was a Cylon suit. I knew it was a Cylon suit (and I was 17 when the series premiered). PEOPLE who know anything about Galactica will know it is a Cylon suit. I doubt very much I'll be running into many purists who will notice a small thing like a boot marking.

These are not available in Wal-Mart or one click away on E-bay. They are custom made by a rare few artists that do their best to deliver a quality product. I have no wish to join any cabal that holds costume design to such an exacting standard or insists that everything be original material.

As far as I am concerned I own a Cylon suit that stops people in their tracks. It's what I ordered. It's what I got.

Again Mr Fett, I mean no insult. I am only a little testy because I have waited through 2 months of design and many years of wishing for this day to come, and now I have a suit so fresh it still has that "new robot smell". Scott Maple delivered it and when there was a problem, custom fit the gloves on me himself using household implements better than MacGyver could have. He brought his lovely wife who made my undersuit and I met their young boy. These are good people who left normal 9 to 5 day jobs to do something different for fans of this genre. Nitpicking small design flaws are insulting to these people and myself and I felt I had to say something.

Nevertheless I will still stand beside you in the fight against the Colonials as we miss every shot directed to their broadside barn doors. That is, if you can accept my boot flaw;)

Mike from Canada

Michael from Canada
Centurion

Post by Michael from Canada » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:38 pm

Now if it came to THIS guy, Fett, I'd grab my torch and join the mob. This is either laziness or the centurion forgot it was wash day. If this is one of you guys, let me know, it's hilarious. I believe it's from Dragon-Con 2009.
Attachments
Cylon Unplugged.jpg

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:19 pm

Well put Michael from Canada ... everyone with a Cylon in their heart is proud to wear their armor. The spirit of the character really does transcend "this" or "that" part. How close one can get to

Return to “Classic Battlestar Props and Costumes”