Kropserkel 2010 suit has arrived.

This is a help forum to build your classic series props and costumes.
Michael from Canada
Centurion

Re: Kropserkel 2010 suit has arrived.

Post by Michael from Canada » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:33 pm

Yes, I do have the audio system built in with the wire leading to the mp3 player in my glove. Your basic long eye warble track you can set on repeat, and the collection of phrases including some answering machine messages that were funny. Plan to just use the warble for now. Also got the rifle but mostly to complete the set. I doubt I'll use it much because a sword in the hand seems more effective.

So, back to the sword. Any thoughts on how to prevent it from going horizontal in the scabbard?

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:38 pm

Hummm... I've not had the sword/scabbard issue personally.

My first idea/guess would be if you could add some weight inside the scabbard at the bottom... maybe a nice small, yet super heavy lump of metal. That should offset the hilt's weight and keep the sheathed sword from going silly.
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

Michael from Canada
Centurion

Post by Michael from Canada » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:44 pm

Gotcha. Give me a moment while I do a search for any spare adamantium on E-bay.;)

The sword is pretty snug in the scabbard. I think the straps are my best bet at the moment

Actually there is a funny story behind the sword. Here's Scott Maple handing me the sword in scabbard and saying "You'll like the quality of this sword." So I take it and go to pull the sword out. It's stuck. I try harder. It's really stuck. Scott looks at me and thinks I'm joking. I try with all my might. It is still stuck. I hand the sword to Scott. He pulls. It's stuck. He really pulls. It's stuck. Eventually I'm watching him hold the hilt while his charming wife pulls the scabbard in quite the tug of war in my living room. Eventually sword is removed from scabbard with no damage and the culprit is a sword that was placed in the scabbard before all seals had set.

You don't get tales like this buying your costumes in department stores.

Time for bed, but I will have one last toast to my fellow Cylon brethren. We may be few. But we stand out.

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:57 am

If there isn't room at the bottom for a few chuncky washers/bolt or something... maybe just alter the attachment of the scabbard to be perfectly vertical with two connections that will KEEP it vertical at all times? The extra straps will probably work, but then you have extra straps and getting around in the suit is hard enough.

Just another idea... there are many options. I'm sure you'll find one that works perfect. Keep us posted.

goldcylon1
First Centurion

Post by goldcylon1 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:47 pm

Michael from Canada wrote:Gotcha. Give me a moment while I do a search for any spare adamantium on E-bay.;)

The sword is pretty snug in the scabbard. I think the straps are my best bet at the moment

Actually there is a funny story behind the sword. Here's Scott Maple handing me the sword in scabbard and saying "You'll like the quality of this sword." So I take it and go to pull the sword out. It's stuck. I try harder. It's really stuck. Scott looks at me and thinks I'm joking. I try with all my might. It is still stuck. I hand the sword to Scott. He pulls. It's stuck. He really pulls. It's stuck. Eventually I'm watching him hold the hilt while his charming wife pulls the scabbard in quite the tug of war in my living room. Eventually sword is removed from scabbard with no damage and the culprit is a sword that was placed in the scabbard before all seals had set.

You don't get tales like this buying your costumes in department stores.

Time for bed, but I will have one last toast to my fellow Cylon brethren. We may be few. But we stand out.

Is the sword made out of resin ? Including the blade ? Mine was it was his first cylon sword and a pic of it is posted on his website

Goldcylon@cox.net

Cy
Raider Commander

Post by Cy » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:56 pm

His Sword is aluminium with a rubber hilt. But the resin and rubber hilt definatly over weights the aluminium blade. I have the same top heavy issue with mine and i havnet yet addressed the issue. Did you ask Scott about the issue? I was going to but never got around to it. My idea was to replace the 2 plasitc straps with less flexible straps so they cant bend over. The only other thing i can think of would be a leg strap like a holster strap, but i dont like that idea as much.

CK, that was a nice reply you made very diplomatic and in my opinion, well said and i second it.

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:59 pm

Cy wrote:His Sword is aluminium with a rubber hilt. But the resin and rubber hilt definatly over weights the aluminium blade. I have the same top heavy issue with mine and i havnet yet addressed the issue. Did you ask Scott about the issue? I was going to but never got around to it. My idea was to replace the 2 plasitc straps with less flexible straps so they cant bend over. The only other thing i can think of would be a leg strap like a holster strap, but i dont like that idea as much.
I have sword from sean, but need a scabbard yet. I'll get into my own wacky wild scabbard drama some day I guess. I will be interesting to see how you and Michael make it work.
Cy wrote: CK, that was a nice reply you made very diplomatic and in my opinion, well said and i second it.
Thanks! I'm always ready to see how everyone does something different. There are so many ways to skin a Cylon ;)
Cy, you, Mr. Fett and Michael from Canada are running circles around poor Cylon-Knight! I need to get in motion. Mr. Fett has all his awesome Star Wars builds - It will be very interesting in learning more tricks-of-the-trade from that 'scruffy looking, Nerf herding' bounty hunter. :P lol

Michael from Canada this is your thread - what's next for your build? If I remember right you mentioned you had a Cylon rifle... any electronics in it?

Mr Fett
Phalanx Leader

Post by Mr Fett » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:33 pm

Michael, no harm meant. It was just the first thing I noticed when you said it was Krop's new version suit so I was wondering why they didn't add such a small set of parts to an otherwise full set of armor when over the years, other Cylon costumers had mentioned the same thing about Krop's armor parts (missing those parts).

I too have met Scott and Brenda on multiple occasions over the years and have been over to their house, and this was before they were even making Cylon costumes. I have no beef with them or with you, like I said, it was just a quick observation on the photos.

goldcylon1
First Centurion

Post by goldcylon1 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:13 am

Cy wrote:His Sword is aluminium with a rubber hilt. But the resin and rubber hilt definatly over weights the aluminium blade. I have the same top heavy issue with mine and i havnet yet addressed the issue. Did you ask Scott about the issue? I was going to but never got around to it. My idea was to replace the 2 plasitc straps with less flexible straps so they cant bend over. The only other thing i can think of would be a leg strap like a holster strap, but i dont like that idea as much.
Hi there no I did not ask Scott about the issue as I was the one to ask him to make me a sword and he had not done that yet. I also have a silver aluminum blade with a resin hilt and its about right. Scotts sword is mega heavy all around and I was surprised about the blade. As you can see in the pic it is very pointed on the end vs the typical rounded off style. Did he put a KS badge at the top of hilt as well?
Goldcylon@cox.net

Darth Clayton
Raider Pilot

Post by Darth Clayton » Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:30 pm

Michael from Canada wrote:Now if it came to THIS guy, Fett, I'd grab my torch and join the mob. This is either laziness or the centurion forgot it was wash day. If this is one of you guys, let me know, it's hilarious. I believe it's from Dragon-Con 2009.
Hey that was me, and I was off duty enjoying a nice libation from all of my hard work killing those Colonials at DC.. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jeff

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:41 pm

Oh Laura Croft was looking good. Not a bad idea to relax a bit, but still a Cylon scaled down version.

Mr Fett
Phalanx Leader

Post by Mr Fett » Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:46 pm

That's typical Dragon Con right there, Dale. So many costumers wear "partial costumes" around there after they are done wearing their full costumes at an earlier time.

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:27 am

I love the "off duty" look. Great idea for more photo ops... next time you need an "I'm an tourist shirt" with the Hawaii print, etc. :)

Michael from Canada
Centurion

Post by Michael from Canada » Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:08 pm

Cheers to all and thanks for the ideas. For the sword I noticed if I hold one of the straps next to the hilt rather than lower down where it is attatched it then keeps the correct angle. I am considering drilling two very tiny holes on the inside of the hilt and hold the strap there by tying it with a small wire. There's no room in the scabbard to put washers or such in.

I'm getting my undersuit tweaked next week. I'm adding some shoulder pads as well because without them the shoulder bells are half covered by the backpack and I'm worried about them getting scratched. If I don't come up with any other scabbard ideas I'l probably attempt the wire this weekend. I'll let you know and send pictures.

I'm also noticing that my helmet fits loose. Any ideas on the proper way I can fit it to sit snug on my Head?
Again, any ideas are welcome.

Good night to all.

Mr Fett
Phalanx Leader

Post by Mr Fett » Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:05 pm

I just used foam in spots inside my helmet to make it sit where I wanted it to.

Return to “Classic Battlestar Props and Costumes”