Kropserkel 2010 suit has arrived.

This is a help forum to build your classic series props and costumes.
goldcylon1
First Centurion

Re: Kropserkel 2010 suit has arrived.

Post by goldcylon1 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:52 am

Michael from Canada wrote:Well, I never bought this with the intention of re-sale, I bought it for fun. I'd rather risk some nicks and scratches to have the coolest costume at Halloween or a convention rather than let it collect dust in my living room. A few boo boos on the suit never hurt Bobba-Fett any, and I bet the overall effect of the suit will deter from a few scratches. If anyone ever notices I'll put it down to Colonial "battle damage".

Hopefully my alterations to the undersuit will be done soon and I can post some new pics.

Cheers to all cylon brethren.
Understood believe me if your buying props for resale stop now. You asked about scratches and I gave you an opinion. Enjoy your suit. GC1 :cylongold:

Goldcylon@cox.net

Michael from Canada
Centurion

Post by Michael from Canada » Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:36 pm

Actually I'm taking some precautions for Halloween. With some added velcro straps and padding I've been able to keep almost all the chrome seperate from the others to prevent them from chafing. I even stuck a little padding to the inside top of the helmet to raise it clear of the backpack. I'm also going with several friends who will watch my back in a crowd. Hopefully this will keep any possible scratches to a minimum. For Sunday night I'll wear the suit normal style since I'll just be in my front yard giving candy to the neighbourhood kids. The undersuit fits much better after alterations. When the holiday is over I'll post before and after pictures and let you know how it goes.

I also bought this great zombie mask and gloves from CFX masks for the annual zombie walk. I've been considering combining the two and go as a zombie cylon.

I also read on ain't it cool news that scy-fy is going to make another Battlestar movie called Blood and Chrome that will be about the first cylon war. Maybe we'll get to see our suits in action again?

That would be awesome possum.

Cheers.

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:59 pm

I'm sure Blood and Chrome will have all CGI "classic"Cylons - like in Caprica and Razor, the final few shows of nuBSG. No guys in suits anymore for BSG :(
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

Michael from Canada
Centurion

Post by Michael from Canada » Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:40 am

Perhaps, but nobody shoots out sparks and falls clumsily to the ground as well as we do.

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:01 pm

Michael from Canada wrote:Perhaps, but nobody shoots out sparks and falls clumsily to the ground as well as we do.
SO SAY WE ALL! :)
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

FLIGHTLDR SERPENTINE
Squadron Leader

Post by FLIGHTLDR SERPENTINE » Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:38 pm

Michael from Canada wrote:Well, I never bought this with the intention of re-sale, I bought it for fun. I'd rather risk some nicks and scratches to have the coolest costume at Halloween or a convention rather than let it collect dust in my living room. A few boo boos on the suit never hurt Bobba-Fett any, and I bet the overall effect of the suit will deter from a few scratches. If anyone ever notices I'll put it down to Colonial "battle damage".
Quoted for truth, my brother in circuitry. Besides, It will look more screen used. :wink:
:cylongold: "SEARCH FOR WRECKAGE... LEAVE NO SURVIVORS..."

Return to “Classic Battlestar Props and Costumes”