Attention Attention His Imperious Leader is about to arrive

New members and guests please ~READ THIS FIRST~
GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:20 pm

OK a bit traumatic, but now I have your attention I have notice a few forum boards have well a board. A board of directors. I think that might be something to do here also, and would like to open up this to conversation on what you think. Over looking Cylon like names at the moment my thoughts would be something like a board of 3 to 5 people that would have email or online chat exchanges, or even a private forum page to exchange thoughts, and ideas on what they would like to see this forum be. I myself have taken it about as far as I can. This page is starting to come alive now, and doesn't need my 100% attention like it has in the past. Cylon-Knight has been a great help in recent times with the web site, and I would like to see more involvement with other helps that have their own personal strengths they can offer this site.
Some of the ideas that come to mind, but not limited to these few ideas.
Site promotion.
Membership activities
Overseeing the concerns of the site.
Gathering location of group members of "The Cylon Empire"
Reaching out to other sites like Black Squadron that we have a brotherhood alliance with.

Does anyone else have feed back on this or ideas. This is open to any and all for comment or suggestions.

Skullbeast
Outpost Commander

Post by Skullbeast » Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:26 pm

Great ideas!!

Die human!!!

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Re: Attention Attention His Imperious Leader is about to arr

Post by Cylon-Knight » Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:34 pm

Yeah, I have a few ideas... I'll gather them all up.
CylonEmpire.com - I'm chatting with a buddy now (a REAL - day job - developer!! w00t)

I do want to get more in touch with Blackstar, I know we have some members here. I'll reach out to them on areas about that.

Red Eye... any ideas on your side of the ocean?
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:38 pm

Craigorski and I have been working on "banners" for cons. Massive art work has been sent to a friend of his with the equipment for making them... awesome stuff! Two have been it he works since June. One for each side of the world.

*SUPRISE*

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:43 pm

OK what I was think of type of board we should have, and what would each board member have a job at doing. It was was in charge of say marketing, then art work banners might fall under that. Tossing out the idea of a new art work a great idea, but I would like someone that wants to say run for that board spot and make those choices.

By the way I am floored how many replies I have already since starting this thread. Thanks for jumping on board so quick everyone.

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:29 pm

Maybe the lack of replies is a time factor, or perhaps the site is fine as it is?

Red Eye
Cylon Empire VIP & BYC.net Gallery Admin
It’s my birthday

Post by Red Eye » Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:31 am

I think it is indeed, since I have no practical suggestions at this time, sorry.

But I'll let you know when I got some ideas! :salute:
"There can be no survivors. So long as one human remains alive the Alliance is threatened."

Hand-Schaub
First Centurion

Post by Hand-Schaub » Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:42 am

I agree with most that the board is running... well... with Cylon effiiency. I can see how when we do more public events as the Cylon Empire and start representing the site and the group we will require further duties of members. As for now a liason to other groups may be in good order... but let's face it... we are the baddest of the bad when it comes to classic killer robots!

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:18 am

Cylon-Knight wrote:Maybe the lack of replies is a time factor, or perhaps the site is fine as it is?
I think you misunderstood. It was 3 replies in about 1 hour. I had not expected that many replies in that 1 hour time is what I meant.
OK so the way I read it one suggestion is up, and that was Hand-Schaub. Good suggestion, and a start.

gremlin
Flight Leader

Post by gremlin » Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:52 pm

let me see if i can get my 1 brain cell in my 1/2 a brain a kick start and see if i can come up with an idea... i know soon there is a united fan con comeing to MA in a couple mounths and yeah i know its like Dr Who related but that last few times the have been reaching out to other sci/fi... i would like to try to go this year and maybe others here too...

Return to “Read First”