Q5: Zodiac *Aswered*

Eric Chu has joined this board to answer all your questions. But please, stay polite and ask 1 question at a time.
GoldCylon
Founder

Q5: Zodiac *Aswered*

Post by GoldCylon » Sun Jun 18, 2006 11:49 am

What is it that Zodiac does compared to the work you did?
Last edited by GoldCylon on Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Image :cylongold: :cylongold: :cylongold:

The Cylon God
Spare Parts

Re: Q5: Zodiac *Unaswered*

Post by The Cylon God » Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:54 pm

GoldCylon wrote:What is it that Zodiac does compared to the work you did?
Come again?

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:02 pm

Sorry I didn't word that very well, but how does Zodiac fit into the picture. Do they do are rendering and all the CGI work on the design you made.
Basically did you just design and draw the lay out of the ships with a pencil, or was any of your work on a PC?
Image :cylongold: :cylongold: :cylongold:

The Cylon God
Spare Parts

Post by The Cylon God » Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:27 am

GoldCylon wrote:Sorry I didn't word that very well, but how does Zodiac fit into the picture. Do they do are rendering and all the CGI work on the design you made.
Basically did you just design and draw the lay out of the ships with a pencil, or was any of your work on a PC?
Ah, OK. I think you mean ZOIC, the special effects company that did the CG work on Galactica...

My involvment consisted of working with the FX Supervisor, Gary Hutzel, who, as soon as a design was approved, would take it to the artists at Zoic, where they translated my neanderthal cave drawings into the amazing FX shots you see on the show. I did not really have any direct contact with Zoic except for meeting Lee Stringer a few times and a studio visit when the show was finished.

The bulk of the designs were mainly done with pencil, pen, marker and paper and that's only because I admired Joe Johnston's work on the Star Wars films and wanted to try doing my designs in that style. After the basic drawings were done, however, I did scan them and did some clean up and editing using Photoshop on my Mac (sorry, Cylons hate Windows too).

Return to “Ask Eric Chu, "The Cylon God"”