Old school Cylon build

Facts, myths, stories, and photos of the Universal Tour ride that opened in 1979 and closed in 1992.
GoldCylon
Founder

Re: Old school Cylon build

Post by GoldCylon » Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:24 pm

Is it me, or is that page 2 twice?...never mind, found page 1

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:27 pm

VERY COOL Info. That contract is neat - odd they only gave him one month to make the thing!?

And let me add this into the mix for fun: $13,500 in 1977 has the same buying power as $48,283.89 in 2010.
[Source Bureau of Labor Statistics - Inflation Calculator]
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:32 pm

Cylon-Knight wrote:VERY COOL Info. That contract is neat - odd they only gave him one month to make the thing!?

And let me add this into the mix for fun: $13,500 in 1977 has the same buying power as $48,283.89 in 2010.
[Source Bureau of Labor Statistics - Inflation Calculator]
G/F was off a bit. She yelled out 35K off top head.

Cy
Raider Commander

Post by Cy » Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:45 pm

Look to me like they had a head left over from "The Creature walks among us" and " Creature from the black lagoon" when they made BOG. Looks closer to that than BSG.

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:25 pm

Good eye - they are a lot a like. Say, did the Creature talk? I can't remember...

Cy
Raider Commander

Post by Cy » Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:56 pm

No, I dont even think he groaned. Just remember seeing them as a kid in B&W. Saw this guy when I was searching. Hes got a interesting face.

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:32 pm

Vincent Guastini did an updated version of the Swamp Creature, and presented it to Universal making a pitch for a remake, but sad to say Uni said no, but his work is still awesome no matter what any pinheads at Uni say.

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:38 am

I read the trivia about the black lagoon over at www.imdb.com ... the original Creature was modeled after "Oscar" as in "The Oscars" .... !!

AND

The original was filmed in 3-D! 1954 baby, so "whatever" to the 2010 3-D craze... "old news" ;)

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:43 am

The Creature from the Black Lagoon was the 1st SciFi movie I ever saw. I remember it like it was yesterday. A Saturday afternoon playing pool in the living room when the new TV station channel 40 was playing some old b/w movie back in 1970 I saw this thing walk out of the water. I was hooked, I never knew of anything like this before. It was awesome, and I have been forever hooked.

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:46 am

Hummm... I would guess the first SciFi movie I saw would have to be Star Wars (later billed A New Hope/Episode IV). I was 2 years old, saw it first run in the theater with my family, and I do remember the scean of C-3PO in the sands of Tatooine, shining in the sun. Odd, but I do remember that vividly.

Red Eye
Cylon Empire VIP & BYC.net Gallery Admin

Post by Red Eye » Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:18 am

GoldCylon wrote:Vincent Guastini did an updated version of the Swamp Creature, and presented it to Universal making a pitch for a remake, but sad to say Uni said no, but his work is still awesome no matter what any pinheads at Uni say.
A very nice-looking monster.

By the way: Vincent Guastini also made a updated version of the Leader which was going to be used in the Singer/DeSanto-continuation project.

Image Image
"There can be no survivors. So long as one human remains alive the Alliance is threatened."

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:07 am

Oh yeah the Imperious Leader, and the Cylon both are in a case that over look his conference table. It is a very awesome sight to see his creations. The wings from Dogma over look him as he sits at the head of the conference table. They are spread wide, and look down at him. With a camera are the correct angel it would look like he is wearing them, if the prospective was correct.
Sorry I can't find the photo of the Cylon, but the other two just plain rock.
Attachments
Vincent G conferance table.jpg
Vincent Imperious leader.jpg

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:07 am

Red Eye wrote: Image Image
I must say, I don't know if that new design looks like the Imperious Leader to me...
Don't get me wrong it is totally awesome and would be an amazing creature for a film - but I don't see "him" as the Cylon Imperious Leader. His body shape is different than that of the Centurions they created - IF - the "Classic" Centurion was still going to be largely the same in this remake - IF NOT - then he might work. The legs are different size at the top - more like chicken legs, has more claw like hands, etc. (Also his belt buckle would be better as a pentagon, not a hexagon. ;))

Now, aside from the look of a new IL... what do you all think the voice should be like? Should it be similar to BSG and BOG... with a "large" imposing humanish voice - A step removed from the smooth/swindler voice of the IL Series (Lucfier/Spector) - OR - should it have more of a lizard/hiss quality to it on certain sssssounds? Or at certain timessss? And be more soft and creepy - perhpas next to a whisper?

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:20 am

Vincent is credited on IMDB as part of the 2010 production of DeSanto's Galactica, but that can be a simple formality of just being OK'd or approved to submit his concept work again. I seriously doubt that any work related to a physical prop, or costume has even been drawn up, made let alone even reviewed yet. The movie production isn't that level yet to begin to start scouting out at that level.

Red Eye
Cylon Empire VIP & BYC.net Gallery Admin

Post by Red Eye » Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:15 pm

GoldCylon wrote:Oh yeah the Imperious Leader, and the Cylon both are in a case that over look his conference table. It is a very awesome sight to see his creations. The wings from Dogma over look him as he sits at the head of the conference table. They are spread wide, and look down at him. With a camera are the correct angel it would look like he is wearing them, if the prospective was correct.
Sorry I can't find the photo of the Cylon, but the other two just plain rock.
Nice pics.

Interesting to know that his concept work for the Leader has survived...

Sadly, the original weren't so carefully looked after... :sad:
"There can be no survivors. So long as one human remains alive the Alliance is threatened."

Return to “Battle of Galactica”