Grampa Cylon on a diet

Facts, myths, stories, and photos of the Universal Tour ride that opened in 1979 and closed in 1992.
GoldCylon
Founder

Grampa Cylon on a diet

Post by GoldCylon » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:28 pm

OK I found this of all places on my PC. Yeah I have some much stuff on my hard drives it was lost and hidden in a folder I haven't opened in years. Well this guy is way old in that the photo shows that, but this is one of the original guys that was animated from the Battle of Galactica. I'll be posting more photos as I shift though and find things worthy of posting. Enjoy :byyourcommand:
Attachments
Cylon endo.jpg
Cylon endo made by AVG

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Re: Grampa Cylon on a diet

Post by Cylon-Knight » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:39 pm

OH MY! ... um.... I SEE HIS PARTS! :shock:

lol

Cool photo. Thanks for sharing it.
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:01 am

Yeah it is kinda cool, but I wish I had a better quality of it.

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:36 am

Looks like his neck, shoulders and waist would move.
(And his legs dispense wrapping paper! :P)

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:00 am

I was looking thought some of the other photos, and man some weird, but cool stuff they did. I just need better quality scans to post them. They aren't really worthy of posting. I did sent Red Eye a couple of cool Imperious Leader pics. Haven't heard back from him yet.

Red Eye
Cylon Empire VIP & BYC.net Gallery Admin
It’s my birthday

Post by Red Eye » Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:06 am

You have now. :wink:

This is the pic Dale sent me (slightly color-corrected):

"There can be no survivors. So long as one human remains alive the Alliance is threatened."

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:52 pm

Very cool. I wonder if any of the BOG items have survived. Does anyone know if they are in collector hands now? Need to get them to join up here.

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:56 pm

I am only aware of two Cylons surviving. The helmets did make it out, but the seated guys haven't been seen since closing, and one of the actors said his boss let him pull an Ovion out of the trash. So I am sure like the other things in the show they were all trashed. The guy that owns the Cylon that splits in half isn't a Galactica per say collector, just a collector of screen used items. He tried selling that guy in Profiles about 4 years ago, and it didn't go. He was asking to much for it.
I have seen and held in my hands for of the blasters, and helmets from the show.

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:02 pm

Hummm that's a shame. It seems odd to me that so much "hollywood" stuff just winds up in the trash!!!??! CRAZY PEOPLE! lol

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:08 pm

Well it wasn't till a strike (sorry I don't recall the year) that one of the people inside the studio said hey we can generate cash selling costumes, so they did that as a gag really. They weren't doing anything, and they weren't on strike, so the studio agreed to do it, and it was a smash hit. What the 1 or 2 people left with that day to in what they thought would be a TRY only, and gone all day sold everything they had for 3-4 times than they expected, and all gone in 2 hours flat. Now what to do with the rest of the 8 hour day...LoL

Red Eye
It’s my birthday

Post by Red Eye » Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:46 pm

One of the animatronic Cylons were listed in PiH's auction catalog #22.

"There can be no survivors. So long as one human remains alive the Alliance is threatened."

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:48 pm

Very cool.
I looked at that image, and then flipped around a few of the others you have posted.... I found this one interesting:
http://img4.imageshack.us/i/hollywoodau ... page1.jpg/

It seems the glove's are not correctly assembled/fully there - they have Velcro around the wrists. That must be how they put the vinyl trim on the gloves. Heehee - Cylon-Knight eagle eye! Know I know how to get my gloves on "to the next step."

Red Eye
It’s my birthday

Post by Red Eye » Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:08 am

I'm not so sure about the velcro on the gloves.

I'd rather think it was glued over the vinyl material for some odd reason.

You can see some of the original gunmetal-colored vinyl shining through on the right glove.

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:52 am

I am not sure that it Velcro myself, but it could be, but one question is why Velcro at all? I am not heading out into the snow, and snow gloves are the only gloves I have seen with Velcro. Your hands should be good enough to hold them into place. They worked good enough for the rough, and tough game of hockey with out falling off.

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:52 am

Red Eye wrote: You can see some of the original gunmetal-colored vinyl shining through on the right glove.
I saw that too, and thought it is just the vinyl isn't correctly put on over the Velcro... much like the arm armors (left/right) are always on backwards. People just don't know how to dress a Cylon.
GoldCylon wrote:I am not sure that it Velcro myself, but it could be, but one question is why Velcro at all? I am not heading out into the snow, and snow gloves are the only gloves I have seen with Velcro. Your hands should be good enough to hold them into place. They worked good enough for the rough, and tough game of hockey with out falling off.
I don't think the Velcro is for holding the glove on/making it tight around the wrists... it would just to be to keep the added gunmetal gray trim on the glove. If they didn't use Velcro to attach the vinyl, did they glue it on every glove? Or hand sew it? I'm sure you couldn't run a hockey glove through a sewing machine.

How does the trim attach? Vinyl to Leather...? GoldCylon - can you please look at your Screen Used Cylon and give us some insight?

Return to “Battle of Galactica”