Newly found 1978 Battle of Galactica photos found

Facts, myths, stories, and photos of the Universal Tour ride that opened in 1979 and closed in 1992.
Post Reply
User avatar
GoldCylon
Founder
Posts: 6800
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2005 3:02 pm
Location: Sacramento
Contact:

Newly found 1978 Battle of Galactica photos found

Post by GoldCylon » Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:04 pm

I recently have found the extreme pleasure of meeting two people that were part of the Battle of Galactica from the very begging. Janek Kaliczak, and Robin Bolin. Janek was in change of lighting and also some of the laser work, and also the unofficial Uni photographer. His photos were used as the promos that Universal ran for the show.
Robin Bolin was one of the original ten Warriors hired by Universal to be the Hero Warrior on the set of the Battle of Galactica. This was a inside a building event that the tram drove into the building as you were just captured by the evil Cylon Empire. The Hero Apollo arrived in time to prevent the attack on the human, and the laser battle begins. Apollo fights the Cylons as the human escape the Cylon attack.
The two terrific guys supplied me with vintage photos that have been hidden away since they were taken, but now with their permission I have posted these photos. So take a look back and see what these two guys have given use to treasure again. Thanks Janek, and Robin.
http://byyourcommand.net/photogallery/B ... ca?page=21
http://byyourcommand.net/photogallery/B ... ca?page=20
http://byyourcommand.net/photogallery/B ... ca?page=19
Last edited by GoldCylon on Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.



User avatar
Hand-Schaub
Squadron Leader
Posts: 747
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:05 am
Location: Sacramento, CA

Post by Hand-Schaub » Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:07 am

Very cool!

I remember you hoping to post these for some time!

User avatar
GoldCylon
Founder
Posts: 6800
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2005 3:02 pm
Location: Sacramento
Contact:

Post by GoldCylon » Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:51 am

Hand-Schaub wrote:Very cool!

I remember you hoping to post these for some time!
The Janek photos have been posted a while, but the Robin photos are new, and I just wanted to give credit to both guys at the same time.

User avatar
Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator
Posts: 5839
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:32 pm
Location: Kansas City
Contact:

Post by Cylon-Knight » Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:01 am

All three of your links go to page 21? (Seems there are only 21 pages?)
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."
Image

User avatar
GoldCylon
Founder
Posts: 6800
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2005 3:02 pm
Location: Sacramento
Contact:

Post by GoldCylon » Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:49 pm

Cylon-Knight wrote:All three of your links go to page 21? (Seems there are only 21 pages?)
Sorry. I was logged on when I captured the links. I'll adjust the links back.

User avatar
Big Al
Command Centurion
Posts: 1012
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:09 am
Location: Las Vegas Nevada

Re: Newly found 1978 Battle of Galactica photos found

Post by Big Al » Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:46 pm

GoldCylon wrote:I recently have found the extreme pleasure of meeting two people that were part of the Battle of Galactica from the very begging. Janek Kaliczak, and Robin Bolin. Janek was in change of lighting and also some of the laser work, and also the unofficial Uni photographer. His photos were used as the promos that Universal ran for the show.
Robin Bolin was one of the original ten Warriors hired by Universal to be the Hero Warrior on the set of the Battle of Galactica. This was a inside a building event that the tram drove into the building as you were just captured by the evil Cylon Empire. The Hero Apollo arrived in time to prevent the attack on the human, and the laser battle begins. Apollo fights the Cylons as the human escape the Cylon attack.
The two terrific guys supplied me with vintage photos that have been hidden away since they were taken, but now with their permission I have posted these photos. So take a look back and see what these two guys have given use to treasure again. Thanks Janek, and Robin.
http://byyourcommand.net/photogallery/B ... ca?page=21
http://byyourcommand.net/photogallery/B ... ca?page=20
http://byyourcommand.net/photogallery/B ... ca?page=19
Dale, Do you still have these photos? and if you do can you re post them?
By Your Command

Image

User avatar
Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator
Posts: 5839
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:32 pm
Location: Kansas City
Contact:

Re: Newly found 1978 Battle of Galactica photos found

Post by Cylon-Knight » Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:08 am

They are probably posted in the new Gallery. But you'll have to dig for them in the BOG section.
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."
Image

User avatar
Big Al
Command Centurion
Posts: 1012
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:09 am
Location: Las Vegas Nevada

Re: Newly found 1978 Battle of Galactica photos found

Post by Big Al » Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:25 am

Cylon-Knight wrote:They are probably posted in the new Gallery. But you'll have to dig for them in the BOG section.
Cool Thanks! :salute: I will go look for them!
By Your Command

Image

Post Reply

Return to “Battle of Galactica”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest