BoG Costume

Facts, myths, stories, and photos of the Universal Tour ride that opened in 1979 and closed in 1992.
Scott
Raider Gunner

BoG Costume

Post by Scott » Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:57 pm

So I've been looking through the various warrior photos and posts about the Battle of Galactica, and was curious. Did the actors wear pants provided by Universal? Or did they provide their own? While obviously the jacket, tunic, and boot covers were custom, the pants look just off the rack.

At least they appear to be off the rack when looking at the black and white photos.

I've noticed no pants seem to have turned up with any of the original costume pieces that have surfaced.

GoldCylon
Founder

Re: BoG Costume

Post by GoldCylon » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:22 pm

At first the actors used the screen used costumes. They had a surplus of them after Saga was a wrap. Then the costumes began to thin out in the inventory depart. Five finger discount then covers were made and pour quality jackets and other related costume parts and pieces. I am not sure what they did later after the newness of the show wore off.
Image :cylongold: :cylongold: :cylongold:

Scott
Raider Gunner

Post by Scott » Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:37 am

Yeah I remember reading in earlier posts that at first screen used were available, I think one can tell from the photos in the gallery documenting the shows early life that the costumes look good, and the quality matches on all the actors. Its some of the later photos, and video that made me wonder if whatever style of pants were used. Or brought in by the actors for themselves due to the others falling apart and the lack of Universal wanting to upkeep the show.

I always enjoy reading all the Battle material you've dug up. Hands down the best resource on the net! :salute:

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:01 pm

Thanks Scott. I'll ask around a few of the actors and see what they recall about the pants.

Return to “Battle of Galactica”