commercial

Facts, myths, stories, and photos of the Universal Tour ride that opened in 1979 and closed in 1992.
GoldCylon
Founder

Re: commercial

Post by GoldCylon » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:20 am

A hero rifle didn't work out as well as the stunt rifles. The reason being that when it came time to make the hero rifles the battery wouldn't fit inside the current rifle version. A wider version had to be made to accommodate the battery. Pictures don't really show the difference, but holding it sure does. A Stunt rifle only weights about 1-2 lb, while the now wider hero rifle measures in around 7 or 8 lb. The battery housing section of the rifle is the only noted difference, and it is about 1/2 inch wider. With that said all the rifles are the same, just many of the bayonets were no longer repaired after a the 1st few episodes to help keep cost over runs down. Only a few rifles remain in tact, and I own one of them, and many photos of the rifle have been posted in the old gallery.
Cylon-Knight has all the photos from the old gallery, and he can update that gallery as time allows.

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:29 pm

I've posted all the rifle pics I've found so far... unless they are in some other folder under another totally different name. If I find more I'll post them.

GoldCylon can you look at the hero and give more detail of the electronics. Don't need photos as much per say. But info on the amount and location of lights. I'm sure there is no sound system in a 1978 hero rifle - that would have all been done in "post production" etc.

Are there 8 lights?
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:38 pm

I haven't ever seen a hero rifle, except in photos. I have been given the details that I have passed on, except there are 4 lights in the rube, and they flash just 1/10 of a second apart from the middle to the end of the rifle giving it a look of in motion movement.

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:35 pm

Ah, so you own a stunt rifle. Got it. We need to track down a "hero owner" and make em talk! lol
Frame by frame of the show show, I did shows about 8 lights. Maybe they had various amounts? Man... THE DRAMA! :) :nah:

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:44 pm

If I recall correctly the bulbs were Xenon bulbs aka strobe lights. Four were used one for each vent hole in the acyclic tube.

goldcylon1
First Centurion

Post by goldcylon1 » Thu May 06, 2010 1:29 pm

Goldcylon@cox.net

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Thu May 06, 2010 1:46 pm

19 seconds into the video is the bridge that was used in the Cylon battle from the episode "The Young Lords"

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Fri May 07, 2010 9:09 am

GoldCylon wrote:If I recall correctly the bulbs were Xenon bulbs aka strobe lights. Four were used one for each vent hole in the acyclic tube.
I got some super bright blue LEDs for my rifle... they are... well... SUPER BRIGHT. Look at them for just a second - and you'll see spots for awhile. :) Awesome.

goldcylon1
First Centurion

Post by goldcylon1 » Fri May 07, 2010 9:53 am

Cylon-Knight wrote:
GoldCylon wrote:If I recall correctly the bulbs were Xenon bulbs aka strobe lights. Four were used one for each vent hole in the acyclic tube.
I got some super bright blue LEDs for my rifle... they are... well... SUPER BRIGHT. Look at them for just a second - and you'll see spots for awhile. :) Awesome.

Nah thats what the strobe flash is for at the business end of the rifle :cylongold:
Goldcylon@cox.net

Return to “Battle of Galactica”