Ovion sold on eBay

Facts, myths, stories, and photos of the Universal Tour ride that opened in 1979 and closed in 1992.
GoldCylon
Founder

Ovion sold on eBay

Post by GoldCylon » Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:15 pm

A Ovion that was used in the BoG was recently sold on eBay. It is unknow if it was used in the movie, but since most of the props were I suspect it was used in the movie.

Image :cylongold: :cylongold: :cylongold:

spcglider
Spare Parts

Post by spcglider » Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:56 pm

That's super cool. You could easily replicate the rest of the suit to go with it if you knew what you were doing. That provides a huge amount of information about the size and shape of the rest of the parts. Wonder who plunked down $1400 bucks for it?

-Gordon
What is best in Life? Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentation of their women.

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:05 pm

I posted that listing because it does show more detail to the Ovion than any other photo's I have seen before. It is a great way to figure out how to build an Ovion if all you have is a few photo's

Galactifan
Flight Leader

Post by Galactifan » Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:59 pm

It probably would have sold for more money if the seller spelled Galactica properly. Thanks for posting the info.

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:08 pm

I noticed that, but it that isn't at bad as the studio itself buying the web url www.BattlestarGallactica.com, and with that mistake in hand Richard Hatch bought the correct spelling.

Return to “Battle of Galactica”