The Battle of Galactica lay out

Facts, myths, stories, and photos of the Universal Tour ride that opened in 1979 and closed in 1992.
GoldCylon
Founder

The Battle of Galactica lay out

Post by GoldCylon » Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:51 pm

This a view from above looking down that was illustrated by Jake and myself.
Last edited by GoldCylon on Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Image :cylongold: :cylongold: :cylongold:

spcglider
Spare Parts

Post by spcglider » Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:58 pm

The layout blueprints are available online. I'll have to look up the architectural firm that did the work again and download the PDF of the plans.

-Gordon
What is best in Life? Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentation of their women.

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:33 pm

It would be great to see the detailed lay out of the builders view of the tram tour ride, over the drawing I put up.
I can't post PDF files on here, but if you send me the file on over or the link I'll convert it over to a file that can be posted.

Gordon SpcGlider

Post by Gordon SpcGlider » Fri Mar 10, 2006 5:07 pm

Here's the page you seek:

http://www.dsewing.com/Portfolio_folder ... vised.html

But before you go trying to contact them about information and such, I hafta tell you I've tried three times already and they just aren't interested in talking about it, sending out information about it, or providing materials about it. Doesn't matter how legit you make yourself sound. They just don't wanna talk to you if you aren't a big money customer.

But there's stuff to see there and plenty to glean from the site. The last time I was there I found a very crappy image of the floorplan of the theatre. I tried to print it out but it was just crappy resolution.

I tried to contact them about getting a better resolution copy, but they just weren't interested in helping. :roll:

-Gordon

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Fri Mar 10, 2006 6:10 pm

Thanks Gordon, that is great........I'll see if I can waste my time a bit, and poke them in the side a few times for a blown up copy.
Last edited by GoldCylon on Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Fri Mar 17, 2006 11:25 am

I found out the lay out above isn't the lay out that was built. It must have been a first attempt drawing, or parts of were changed before it was built. I was told no rest rooms were provided, that an porta potty was out the back door for the Warriors, also other things were changed.

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:35 pm

That drawing above is from Universal Studio FL. The plans were ditched before the park was even built.

Return to “Battle of Galactica”