Help Needed?! "Joker-Dark Knight" Full Costume wanted!

A place to share what you have made, or collect.
astatickiss
Centurion

Help Needed?! "Joker-Dark Knight" Full Costume wanted!

Post by astatickiss » Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:42 pm

Hello all!
I'm sorry this posting is not "Galactica" related, but in addition to a few "Galactica" builds I am working on presently, I am looking to have a 1:1 life-size mannequin display of "The Joker/Heath Ledger", from "Batman The Dark Knight". I already secured a custom-made prop bust head for the costume, though finding a large-sized replica costume is proving to be very difficult?! There are many, many sellers on Ebay with them for sale, but they are all from Singapore, and/or China, and the sizes they offer run extremely small. I made the mistake of purchasing an "XL" size costume, and this barely even qualifies as a "Large" size here, in the states. If someone can refer me to someone who may have one for sale, or a US-based company that makes these in the larger sizes, I would greatly appreciate the information!.......

Thank you- much!
Chris

GoldCylon
Founder

Re: Help Needed?! "Joker-Dark Knight" Full Costume wanted!

Post by GoldCylon » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:26 am

Hey Chris this is a great spot to stop off and ask about the mannequin since many people here display their Cylon, and well Cylons are massive. A standard mannequin will never really work for a Cylon, or a large Joker display. You will need to modify your mannequin via cutting arms, legs, and what else needed and strength it out as needed Same 3 inches in the legs or 2 inches in the arms. Fiberglass the cut areas back together, and then pad with foam the body, arms, legs as need to beef the guy up. Good luck.

Return to “Show off you props, or models that you have built”