A Boys Best Friend Is His Mother

A place to share what you have made, or collect.
Flyboy
Raider Gunner

Re: A Boys Best Friend Is His Mother

Post by Flyboy » Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:53 pm

Good work!

gremlin
Flight Leader

Post by gremlin » Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:53 pm

thanks guys :mrgreen: she looks much better sitting there than the first, sadly during the build, I had a little mishap....in the application of the rubber, I had one of the leg bent at the knee so it can dry properly and somehow it fell sideways, slamming on the table and destroying the hip joint :x so I did a little surgery but the metal hinge thingy was too far mangled to get that hip to move properly....it still works but in order for her to lay flat you have to find the right way to twist her leg to get by the worst of the dent....im not planning to move her that much anyway so its not a big deal....mostly if I move it I will move it with the chair.......red eye, is there a way you can get a good shot of what she is wearing....that is my next step....to try to get as close as possible to her clothing she wore in that fruit cellar...I do have the shall and scarf....just need the nightgown :D and using your pic I mad some minor adj on the face coloring....over the nose and the borderline cheeks to mouth....I lighten the "paint" job
Last edited by gremlin on Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:30 pm, edited 5 times in total.

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:58 pm

Weirdly good work.
Image :cylongold: :cylongold: :cylongold:

Red Eye
Cylon Empire VIP & BYC.net Gallery Admin

Post by Red Eye » Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:15 am

gremlin wrote:red eye, is there a way you can get a good shot of what she is wearing....
I'll see what I can do. :byyourcommand:
"There can be no survivors. So long as one human remains alive the Alliance is threatened."

Red Eye

Post by Red Eye » Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:11 am

Just found a few detailed photos of the original prop head:

Still looking for adequate dress pics...
"There can be no survivors. So long as one human remains alive the Alliance is threatened."

gremlin
Flight Leader

Post by gremlin » Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:08 pm

dam i wish i had these when i was making it.... I GOT THE COLOR WRONG AGAIN!!!!!its hard to match the color with a black and white photo....lol...lets see if i can match the color with the one i am converting....if i can then i will change her color and make some adjustments thanks for these....i never found these when i was looking for shots were these pics resized for posting....if so can i have the origanals... if not these are great anyways

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:25 pm

Yes, gremlin... Red Eye has mutant photo finding powers. I don't know how he does it but he does it all the time. AWESOME!!!

P.S. Don't close your eyes for a quick rest as this thread loads up. When you open them... You will get a shocking surprise like I did staring back at you. ;) lol
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

Red Eye

Post by Red Eye » Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:30 am

Glad it helps.

Good luck with your modifications!

gremlin
Flight Leader

Post by gremlin » Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:51 pm

looks like Bates v 2.1 is on schedule for modifying. I matched the colors.......please note that the color on the screen is different than on paper.....I matched to printed out copy of the pics supplied....I had to pick up 2 colors to get all the colors supplied in the pic...green.....and burnt sienna....I had raw sienna and burnt umber....the green I got closely if not spot on matches the green in the photo which is sap green.....the mods are going to be color change, eye socket color change, and cheek bones....they stick out too much....I have it right in vs 1.0....and as part of the cheek mods I am going to look into fixing the 2 sides of the mouth....so looks like I will be changing corpses around later :lol:
DSCI0005 (Large).JPG
you cant really tell but its a match....on the right on the rib cage was me testing the darker brown....i couldnt in the test patch do to it was still wet....i didnt test the green but i dont really have to

Red Eye

Post by Red Eye » Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:47 pm

Looks like a good start to me...

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:51 pm

GO GO GO!
Great work gremlin.

gremlin
Flight Leader

Post by gremlin » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:49 pm

when i catch up i will post the wip of vs 2.1 for you to enjoy...the cheeks are ready for the new "skin" but before that i need to cut the mouth out

gremlin
Flight Leader

Post by gremlin » Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:25 pm

ok update time....i am done tweeking the nose, and repairing the cheeks...please note....A: i am not redoing the hole face....that would be too much work so this is as close as i can get to the pic without redoing....B: as for the color....its just the base coat....more color would be added
DSCI0010 (Large).JPG
this is adding the new cheeks
DSCI0015 (Large).JPG
useing a cake frosting tool, i added the lines/wrinkes
DSCI0016 (Large).JPG
and filling in the crevisis

note #2 looking at the neck in the photo i opted to keep the neck i did....reason... because if you look, its folded like that due to the strap on the bottom holding the prop on to the stand :blink:

oh and one other thing....a question i had for a long time has been answered with these pic red eye provided....SHE DOES HAVE EYE BROWS!!!! which i will be adding....i also read/ heard somewhere that they also put pubic hair on her too ....nope i wont be adding that unless i get a pic of that, but it does have the...:blush: :lol:

Red Eye

Post by Red Eye » Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:00 pm

Great work so far!

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:37 am

Go gremlin!
Great work - you found some creative tools and are moving right along. Love it!

Return to “Show off you props, or models that you have built”