A Boys Best Friend Is His Mother

A place to share what you have made, or collect.
gremlin
Flight Leader

A Boys Best Friend Is His Mother

Post by gremlin » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:11 pm

hay guys.... if some/most of you will remember i have been working on a non BSG prop.... ITS DONE!!!!.... i just need to pick up 2 items Saturday though i can get away of finding one of those ( the other might be harder to find).... i will post pics either saturday night or sometime sunday, but i thought it will be fun if some of you can guess what it is.... remember my first hint i gave last year....its from a 60s horror filck.... posted in a thread started by a member that had my a small part (the subject its self) of my secret project as an avitar.... the name of this thread is the last and bigest hint if not a giveaway.... good luck but i am sure you will guess what it is :grin:

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Re: A Boys Best Friend Is His Mother

Post by Cylon-Knight » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:37 pm

:shock: :huh: :huh: :huh: :shock:
I can't figure it out! aaaack!
I ran searches on the site to try and find the answer to the clues... EPIC FAIL!

Can't wait to learn what it is.
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

Hand-Schaub
First Centurion

Post by Hand-Schaub » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:51 pm

Is it Marion Crane's suitcase? or a wig wearing skeleton in an old woman's dress?

gremlin
Flight Leader

Post by gremlin » Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:11 pm

Hand-Schaub knows what it is :grin:
ppic6.jpg
psycho-645.jpg
tumblr_kromafEzvV1qa2ylwo1_500.jpg
these are my research pics.... my version has some issues do to the fact.... :wtf: its my first corpse...i am about 85 to 90% happy on how it turned out BUT version 2 will have all the upgrades to get it more accerate....so lets just say this was a trial run, a practice shot...

the 1 finished pic it R rated, so i need to find a close to movie nightgound and shawl... then i will post a family picture.... if you like what you see i can do the WIP pics on version 1 and when i start vs 2 i will just go ahead with the wip....

Red Eye
Cylon Empire VIP & BYC.net Gallery Admin

Post by Red Eye » Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:11 am

It's Norman Bates' mum from "Psycho".

Can't wait to see your version!
"There can be no survivors. So long as one human remains alive the Alliance is threatened."

Hand-Schaub
First Centurion

Post by Hand-Schaub » Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:15 am

Cool! What do I win... please don't say a corps. That thing is freaky!

gremlin
Flight Leader

Post by gremlin » Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:06 am

hay if any wants one....im up to making more (after version 2 that is)....making this was alot of fun....today i am agetting a nighty...hopeing to find one close to the movie but if not then any will do for now untill i find what i need

hay Hand-Schaub....you are now a proud owner of a dat-a-boy...wear it proudly :nah:

i will try to get my version Mrs bates up this evening...last night i tried to find a nighy from my local goodwill but no luck...today i am going to the bigger one a few miles north i will have better luck if i fail in that one...there are 2 more up and around work so when i get to the office i can check there too....i will find what i need in time for that syile nightgown is there all the time....when i post my pics i will note the issues and i want other issues any can see.... pease note the facial shape is from the skull and there isnt much you can really do to change that but my newist skeleton had a much better rib cage and skull shape so i hope to do better...

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:52 am

Wow, awesome deal gremlin!
It is so clear now from the topic title... You sneaky gremlin :)

Don't you need a rocking chair too?

gremlin
Flight Leader

Post by gremlin » Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:41 pm

Cylon-Knight wrote:Wow, awesome deal gremlin!
It is so clear now from the topic title... You sneaky gremlin :)

Don't you need a rocking chair too?
got one!!!! ok got a nighty and dressed her....its fairly close but i know i can get better once fall hits... but no shawl ok here is the issues i have on her this far...

>do to the rib cageand coller bone being too rounded the boobs are way too high...belly button too
> wrong type of boobs....found more natural shape for next version
>the skin texture wasnt like i hoped but i do know where i went wrong
> skin color totaly wrong
>mouth open too wide
>there is a seam running down the torso and back....i know how to fix in next version
>i left the rib cage support in making a bubble between the boobs...i will remove in the next version
>issues with knee caps....i think i know how to get nateral movement in next version
>skin issues do to the fact version 1-3 failed and vs 4 is stuck on top of the screwed up skin ... it will only have version 4 skin on neversion
>i screwed up on the hand positions,,,i know what i did and will correct in new version
> shoulders too wide...nothing could be done about thati will try to camoflarge in next version
>her face wrinkles are too thick in places....i did a hell of a job correcting that....will correct that
.....ok that my list... any more tips from the much more talented peanut gallery would be great.... by the way, this was done by hand with household sealent silicone. liquid latex and suplys got at walmart, Spirits, and the dollar store, and intenet for skeleton
DSCI0562 (Large).JPG
DSCI0563 (Large).JPG
DSCI0564 (Large).JPG
HOT MOMA!!!!!!!

i beleive every house isnt complete without a corpse sitting in your liveing room

gremlin
Flight Leader

Post by gremlin » Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:47 pm

so is this good enough for thr WIP.... oh by the way...that corpse DOES have EVERYTHING :blink:

Hand-Schaub
First Centurion

Post by Hand-Schaub » Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:18 pm

Looking....creepy - but that's a compliment in this case. Honestly I couldn't live with that int he house...even though it's fake. I totally appreciate the obscurity of the prop though! I wouldn't mind getting a raven from "The Birds" . I love that film too.

Your critique is pretty stickt so I have nothing to add at the momment.

Good work!

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:53 pm

I was reading the subject title, and what came to me as I was reading was "A Boy, and His Dog", but then the late 70's is when that was made. Off big time, but the build looks awesome.

Brutalmagic
Phalanx Leader

Post by Brutalmagic » Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:23 am

Love it!

Not sure I could deal with it in my living room but love it none the less!

Tell Me you will put in by the window so Joe public passing by see it!

Red Eye
Cylon Empire VIP & BYC.net Gallery Admin

Post by Red Eye » Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:27 am

Great work so far!
"There can be no survivors. So long as one human remains alive the Alliance is threatened."

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:09 am

WOW gremlin!
...I don't know about a corpse in my living room, but under the PILES and PILES of clutter in my basement - there may be 2 or 3!? :shock: :roll:

Your list is quite complete and I can tell you have plans to get to be more 1:1 to the screen used Mrs. Bates. But I have to agree with the others that you did a great job and for the prop you created with the budget and low cost alternatives you used - you did an AMAZING job!! Just like the films a few cheap found objects and a little elbow grease and COOL MOVIE MAGIC. Excellent work!

You should get in touch with some local haunted houses (if you have not already in the past) and create some cool props/items with them. I'm sure your skills would create things that would scare the hee-bee-gee-bees outta everyone! :shock:

Return to “Show off you props, or models that you have built”