Trooping style Solo ANH Blaster

A place to share what you have made, or collect.
Spectre
Patrol Leader

Trooping style Solo ANH Blaster

Post by Spectre » Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:43 am

Back when i was doing Star Wars costumes and props, I needed a lightweight blaster--one that I wouldn't worry about trooping with. I started out life as an airsoft mauser. I then fabricated the scope mount out of aluminum flashing. For the muzzle, I fabricated it out of a funnel tip and two plastic Coke bottle caps. I do have a nice tutorial available if anybody's interested. The really fun part was adding a real laser in the barrel, unlike some people that use a laser as a targeting scope.

Oh, FRACK! But I didn't say frack, I said the Queen Mother of all dirty words! The F, dash, dash, dash, dash word!

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Re: Trooping style Solo ANH Blaster

Post by Cylon-Knight » Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:15 pm

VERY NICE!

So, where does the power for the laser come from? Batteries in the handle? The scope? Extension in front of the trigger?
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:41 pm

Very cool looking.

Spectre
Patrol Leader

Post by Spectre » Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:54 pm

Cylon-Knight wrote:VERY NICE!

So, where does the power for the laser come from? Batteries in the handle? The scope? Extension in front of the trigger?
The laser pointer is housed in the receiver/chamber and the batteries are still in the pointer. I had to run some wires down to a homemade contact under the trigger to activate it. Very easy to do, and it will be a feature on my new Colonial Warrior lasers along with a Luxeon LED.
Oh, FRACK! But I didn't say frack, I said the Queen Mother of all dirty words! The F, dash, dash, dash, dash word!

Big Al
Command Centurion

Post by Big Al » Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:11 am

Very Cool!! :cool: ......Post that tut! :salute: I love building Tut's.....Especialy Laser shooting Mausers!!! :nah:

Funny how the Star Wars World is full of WWII guns, Stormtrooper Blasters are British Sten guns, Han's Blaster was a Mauser......I think the long rifles the troopers carried on Hoth were German MG 42's but I'm not sure. The Costumes were kinda WWII as well Empire Officers, Darth Vaders Helmet, The Assembly of the troops when vader get's off his ship on the Death Star.....Very Nazi Like! :salute:
By Your Command

matty_voodoo
Citizen

Post by matty_voodoo » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:07 am

Very cool. Like the red beam, very nice touch! Nice one!
"Anyone who moves will be killed instantly."

Big Al
Command Centurion

Post by Big Al » Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:53 pm

I found this pic on the Prop Archives today...this is an original from ROTJ
15245.jpg
By Your Command

Spectre
Patrol Leader

Post by Spectre » Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:45 am

Big Al wrote:Very Cool!! :cool: ......Post that tut! :salute: I love building Tut's.....Especialy Laser shooting Mausers!!! :nah:

Funny how the Star Wars World is full of WWII guns, Stormtrooper Blasters are British Sten guns, Han's Blaster was a Mauser......I think the long rifles the troopers carried on Hoth were German MG 42's but I'm not sure. The Costumes were kinda WWII as well Empire Officers, Darth Vaders Helmet, The Assembly of the troops when vader get's off his ship on the Death Star.....Very Nazi Like! :salute:
Actually, the stormtrooper blasters were British SMGs (Sterling Machine Guns), not Stens. The Sterlings were also used for the Rebel Fleet Trooper blasters.

Big Al
Command Centurion

Post by Big Al » Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:06 am

Spectre wrote:
Big Al wrote:Very Cool!! :cool: ......Post that tut! :salute: I love building Tut's.....Especialy Laser shooting Mausers!!! :nah:

Actually, the stormtrooper blasters were British SMGs (Sterling Machine Guns), not Stens. The Sterlings were also used for the Rebel Fleet Trooper blasters.
My bad... I thought they were stens.....and bummer on your back I hope your doing ok....sorry to here you wont be coming to beale.
By Your Command

Spectre
Patrol Leader

Post by Spectre » Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:08 pm

Big Al wrote:
Spectre wrote:

My bad... I thought they were stens.....and bummer on your back I hope your doing ok....sorry to here you wont be coming to beale.
We're a little bummed, but gives us longer to sell the house. We would have only been at Beale for about a year anyway--I retire next Aug (unless they medically retire me sooner).

Big Al
Command Centurion

Post by Big Al » Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:58 pm

Spectre wrote: Actually, the stormtrooper blasters were British SMGs (Sterling Machine Guns), not Stens. The Sterlings were also used for the Rebel Fleet Trooper blasters.
My bad... I thought they were stens.....and bummer on your back I hope your doing ok....sorry to here you wont be coming to beale.[/quote]

We're a little bummed, but gives us longer to sell the house. We would have only been at Beale for about a year anyway--I retire next Aug (unless they medically retire me sooner).[/quote]

I did a little reading so I'm just a little less ignorant now...LOL but the other gun I was thinking of was the DLT-19 and I found out they are moded MG 35's
By Your Command

Return to “Show off you props, or models that you have built”