Rumours Rumours Battlestar is Back!

Is Battlestar Galactica coming back to the big screen? Universal has announced it intends to bring new life to BSG based on the classic series story line. Check here for news and info on the project.
Thunderstruck
Raider Gunner

Rumours Rumours Battlestar is Back!

Post by Thunderstruck » Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:49 pm

Came across these 2 items..one from Blackstar Squadron.Other I was tipped off by Alien Soup. < Nice Place to check out.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/hollywood-is-try ... 1758330991

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2016/fe ... -star-wars

May I live to see it...and may they do it right.

RRR.

--ever get that feeling from a movie trailer, you can't wait to see it?-- That is what it does to me--

GoldCylon
Founder

Re: Rumours Rumours Battlestar is Back!

Post by GoldCylon » Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:44 am

The announced producer has a great track record for TV, and movie production at Universal Studios. To a degree is has followed the footsteps of Glen Larson. I have high hopes for this since Universal spent many $$$ to buy the movie rights from Glen about 1 year before his death.

Thunderstruck
Raider Gunner

Post by Thunderstruck » Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:13 pm

i am trully gooogooogaga on this one.
It may actually come to fruition.
I do recall Mr. Larson saying He had a script ready or in the works I believe in 2003.

and it makes me even More tickled that they are approaching it with flair that it will compete with SW's and ST.

and since say you that, It grants me more hope.
Have not went and seen SW"s yet, And pretty sure I will not make it to a theater before it ends.
But if it is a Larson leaning film, I will go if it takes me a team of nurses to get me there....<Belly Laughs>
I have just loved the show and its concepts, precepts, as a 11-12 yr old,, I wanted to fly a viper.not an X Wing.
--

Though I have not followed thru the years, was too busy working 80-120 hrs a week
for too many years. (17 yrs straight and since 1982 worked fairs and festivals) and off seasonal work also.

PS< Don't Screw with Stu...the music must be what Stu did. the theme gets me almost everytime I hear it.

Fleeing the Cylon Tyranny...the Last Battlestar..searches for a place called Earth.

RRR.
--ever get that feeling from a movie trailer, you can't wait to see it?-- That is what it does to me--

Hope It Is The Grog
Squadron Leader

Post by Hope It Is The Grog » Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:25 am

All of Stu's music on BSG was great. He was unerring. It totally made the show.
"I may move to the command chamber. I'm sure they're talking about me while I'm in here."
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sufferin ... 2291161676

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:52 am

When Glen was alive Stu said if Glen hired him to comeback he would oversee using original music, and help write but wouldn't most likely not be up to heavy demand of working with the orchestra to perform, and record new music. Stu is still with us, and since he made that comment almost 10 years ago I doubt Stu would participate much if at all. I did see Stu briefly at Glen's funeral, and he looked great. I can only hope I make to the age of 86 and still be full of life, and energy as Stu was.

Thunderstruck
Raider Gunner

Post by Thunderstruck » Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:05 pm

I just saw a video of Stu Phillips on a panel of BSG actors from the mid 90's a few days ago. ;)

Alas, I am not concerned...I will just make my own :)

Regards,

Return to “Universal's Battlestar Galactica reboot 2016”