Daggit Kits coming soon

Do you have an idea for making an item - or run of items to sell and are curious if anyone would want to buy it? Ask them here.
GoldCylon
Founder

Daggit Kits coming soon

Post by GoldCylon » Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:30 am

Hey everyone as many of you know about 5 years ago me and Brian (Hand-Schab) repaired a screen used Daggit. Today I am testing the waters on selling 10 kits. The kits will be offered 3 stages to make it possible for everyone that would like one. I have to have 10 pre-orders to do this or the offer will be retracted. The 1st stage will be the tricky part of the soft parts. The foam. The foam, the silver fabric, and wire will be included. You will need to supply your own fur, and adhesive. Ill be giving detailed instruction online, and YouTube video posting how to build your foam parts.

Stage two will be the hard parts. The parts and pieces that are resin, plastic, and other parts to detail out your Daggit.

The third, and final stage is the body suit and mannequin.

I'll have a price soon on the kit, but I just wanted to see if there is a interested enough to make this offering.

Gold Cylon :cylongold:
double posted in members only, and Daggit forum.

FLIGHTLDR SERPENTINE
Squadron Leader

Re: Daggit Kits coming soon

Post by FLIGHTLDR SERPENTINE » Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:18 pm

I'm definitely curious about it, and I'd love to see what you have; but I'll be lucky to just get my Centurion finished. I probably couldn't take on another big project.

A few questions:
As for the foam, are you offering foam chunks, or pieces that are already hand-carved, or urethane foam parts that were cast? Any more thoughts on the price? Can someone get one or two stages only?
:cylongold: "SEARCH FOR WRECKAGE... LEAVE NO SURVIVORS..."

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:46 pm

I will be using 1 inch thick project foam like used on the originals so the soft parts. I will map out all the parts on a 24 x 72 piece. I haven't mapped out the templates yet so I am not sure if I will need more than 1 piece of foam. Card board outlines of the foot, and hand prints with brown vinyl backing are included for the hands, and feet. Foam trim will still need to be built by buyer. ***** You will need to cut of the outlined pieces yourself. *****

Approximately 100 feet of wire will be included as part of the trim.

Approximately 3-5 sq feet of silver metallic material that needs to be back with a (included) firming material then cut into 1 inch squares.

A round cardboard tube is included to help build the arm, and leg parts.

One bottle of adhesive will be included to help guide you through the build, but you might need to supply your own as the build progresses.

Instructional videos will be posted on YouTube.

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:37 pm

Can't wait!
:loveit:
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:10 pm

The mouth pieces, the backpack will be cast in resin. The backpack is from a mold I cast from a screen used piece. Other details like the toes , and the head will be fiberglass.

Hand-Schaub
First Centurion

Post by Hand-Schaub » Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:39 pm

Looks like I'll be involved in this. It was a great experience with the original daggit and I'm happy to be a part of these kits both as a customer and possibly a helper in making sure parts are made and are like the original.

bishopdonmiguel
Phalanx Leader

Post by bishopdonmiguel » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:48 am

Every Colonial Warrior needs a daggit... so count me in.

Return to “Product Interest Area”